Plateau

Options
I have stalled out completely. I have been 137 to 140 for the last 5 weeks. It seems like I get to 137 on Sunday and then gain and chase that 137 all week long. lol. I have worked my way back up to running 3 miles a day after breast lift surgery 6 weeks ago. I continue to do abdominal and arm work. I can't do 30 day shred yet. Too much jumping around. haha! I'm hoping that now that the kids are all back in school, we will be back to a set routine. I need to be back in my best shape before the middle of Sept. when I get my tummy tuck. I won't be able to do anything for at least 6 weeks following that surgery. I would love to hear what others have done to break a PLATEAU!

Replies

• Glimmergaze
    Glimmergaze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going into settings and selecting maintain weight and follow that for a week and that should help "reset" your metabolism.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try a resistance band, if you haven't already. I've had it a week and it seems to have helped a lot. I've dropped nearly 4 pounds.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was at a plateau for about 2 1/2 weeks.. Just came out of it this a.m. Saturday and Sunday,I ate really high calorie food to shock my body bout 2000 calores each day.. Normally eat 1300-1400 calories. I heard your suppose to zig zag your calories to keep your body guessing. Hope this helps :)
  • esta94510
    esta94510 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat at least half of your exercise calories. If you work out a lot then only eat your minimum your body may hold on to it.

Esther
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Thanks. All great suggestions. :smile:
  • MelonBuns
    Options
    I know my plateau will hit soon as it has every time I diet. Very nervous about it because it usually psychs me out of trying to diet at all. Much luck to everyone I know I need it too!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Up your cals to maintenance cals for a couple weeks...your metabolism will reset. Good luck (and ps how lucky are you that you're getting the 2 surgeries I want) LOL
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd:
    a. change my workout (cardio or weight)- more reps, more often, or more weight, maybe try HIIT
    b. change my macros- exchange some carbs for protein (but i wouldn't suggest raising fat over 33%)
    c. change my actual foods i eat- instant oatmeal to steel cut, whey powder to soy powder, cut out more saturated fats or reverse try MCT lol etc
    d. drink more green tea :) do it

Shock your body w something diff for 2-3 days to 2 weeks, just make sure your getting your 2-2.2g protein per kg bodyweight if your at a calorie deficit
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Up your cals to maintenance cals for a couple weeks...your metabolism will reset. Good luck (and ps how lucky are you that you're getting the 2 surgeries I want) LOL

THIS. She knows what shes talkin bout :)