What weight were you to fit into an XL?

Options

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I fit into an XL now at 188 but a lot of XL shirts don't fit over my boobs.
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and 164 and wear an XL.. Being short has its disadvantages!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Go try them on! I wear a 16 pants and XL shirt, including some UA tech shirts. I weigh 220 and am 5'6".

haha lucky you! I still wear a 2 or 3X and I'm 212 and 5'2 =/ and size 16 pants. It's the damn boobs...
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    I'm 250 and wear XL shirts - but I normally wear unisex tshirts that are XL. If I was buying regular womens shirts, I'd probably be a 2XL. Boo.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I am wondering what weight everyone was when they could fit into an XL shirt?

I can't remember when I was last able to fit into an XL shirt (if ever).
    and I would love to be able to shop at 'normal' stores that sell up to XL shirts or get some of the cute underarmor gear!

Well, I don't recall what weight I was when I fit into some XL's. The sizing is all whacky different for each maker. I still have a few tee shirts that fit me nicely now. I am currently in the higher end of the 150's.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was 175... and looked like 10lbs of sugar in a 5lb bag!! :noway:
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think it all has to do with bust, I am 225 and still have to wear 2xl tops but can fit inot xl bottoms. It seems as if Xl is around 40-46 inch chest so measure yours and see if your there yet
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am a pear shape, so while I could technically wear an XL shirt tucked in at 200, I couldn't wear one loose over my jeans until I was about 180. I'm 5'6".
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would say I was in mid 190's when I wore an XL (at 5'4").
    About every 8-10 pounds I go down a size top. I'm in L now, but in pants I can wear size 10-12.
    I too need a larger size on top because of my chest. My legs are smaller and hips are narrower than my shoulders.
    :ohwell:
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I'm 5'2 and was around 130-134 lbs when I fit into an XL shirt.. I'm Asian, so I guess most of our body build borders the small and petite... The XL shirts are still kinda small, if you think about it.. :ohwell:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on whether you're in the juniors, women's section or just a random section of the store. Sizes are impossible to deal with nowadays. I usually grab an XL from the rack and measure it against my hips. I need more as I'm busty but I'm also curvy. Basically, if you're in juniors - you may as well walk out of that section. They make an XL that's more like a size small in the regular women's section.
  • britn3y
    britn3y Posts: 4
    Options
    Im 5'6 and weigh 68kg and im a extra large in my shirt
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow, big jumps from 150 - 250!

I know I personally could wear 18 sized jeans at 250 and when I started at 330 I could wear a mens XL and I wear a 2X in womens right now at 300. So I am hoping I could fit into XL around 230 - 240.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I see a big discrepancy in weights for people who are wearing an XL. I am currently 218 and 5' 8" and there is NO WAY that I can fit into a regular ladies size XL unless I really want to look like I'm wearing a sprayed on shirt. Not my idea of looking good! Someone said that different brand names fit differently which is probably true. I am not a brand name shopper. I'm looking at ladies XL at places like WalMart or KMart etc. not in boutique stores.
  • DanielleEdwards18
    Options
    It depends on the shops too. I'm a M on average, but in some shops like Supre (in Aussie) I'm an XXL. I'm 145 lb and 5"2. Just go in and try them on, each brand is different.
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have broad shoulders. The last time I was in an XL I was probably 180 to 190.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing one right now! I'm five one 1/2, 250+ and I'm a 42B. Pants are a b*tch - got a pair from Arizona Mail Order today, they're 3X and when I sit down, they HURT!! Got a few more pounds to go before fitting into those robins-egg-blue babies. Gotta chop off at least four inches and hem the legs anyway...
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    Somewhere in the 200s, at a height of 5'1".
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I cant remember the last time I could fit in an XL shirt? I wear 4 to 5 XL shirts right now!
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I cant remember the last time I could fit in an XL shirt? I wear 4 to 5 XL shirts right now!

Oh and I'm 6'2" 322lbs