how many calories would housepainting burn??

Options
I am going to be helping my Nan paint the inside of her house and I was wondering if it would burn any calories.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Not all that much. In general it's not a good idea to log chores as exercise.
  • louisemc_86
    Options
    yeah, i don't usually do that.
    i was just wondering about it.
    thanks for replying.
  • NYGirl65
    Options
    I just painted my downstairs kitchen and there is a category called "painting walls". Once it comes up, you can figure out what you burn by the number of minutes you are painting. You don't realize how much you really burn because I was climbing up and down the ladder, bending, reaching, stretching, etc.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I agree about the chores part, but this doesn't sound like a daily household chore. Unless of course this is your job..
  • louisemc_86
    Options

I agree about the chores part, but this doesn't sound like a daily household chore. Unless of course this is your job..

No its not my job. My Nan just asked me to help out.
  • louisemc_86
    Options
    I just painted my downstairs kitchen and there is a category called "painting walls". Once it comes up, you can figure out what you burn by the number of minutes you are painting. You don't realize how much you really burn because I was climbing up and down the ladder, bending, reaching, stretching, etc.

Thanks, i'll look it up.
  • Ouckat2
    Ouckat2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would log it! Im sure you burn alot by moving those arms and climbing up and down a ladder! I know when I paint a room or two, my arms and wrists hurt bad the next day!
  • breezyana1980
    breezyana1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thanks, i'll look it up.
    [/quote

I couldn't find any category called "painting walls". ]
  • Joy4life1
    Joy4life1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Painting the walls inside your house burns calories at the same rate as walking at 4 mph, according to Harvard Health Publications.