ive officially.....

Options
fell off the wagon... slipped back into my old habits. For atleast the last 3 weeks ive been basically eating anything and everything not really working out as much, I have put some weight back on not sure how much. Im too scared to weigh myself. I feel terrible but cant stop and get back into my routine. I have went over maintenance many times. I just feel like I cant say no..... like tonight I had to make up an excuse to go to town so my family wouldnt know i was really going to get ice cream :( I just needed to vent and hopefully get some good advice... Thanks for reading!

Replies

• melgunner
    Options
    It's hard to get back on track, you almost have to start over again. Don't be afraid to weigh you self even though it may be upsetting as first it will give you drive and determination to get back to eating healthy.

I had a hard time just realizing how much I weigh, I wanted to cry and I got very self conscious and upset but instead I turned that around and used it as a weapon to fight back.
  • OliveCarsey
    Options
    Everyone falls off the wagon. Figure out what your roadblock is and work through it. I'm sure what weight you've put back on isn't as much as you think, and you lost it once you can do so again. Forget about your old routine, start a new one. You can do this.
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for commenting... It gives me motivation to get back into it tomorrow! I hope I can just focus on my goal and not food
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a slap and start working again! Might sound harsh but continuing success is the best way to keep motivated.

Once you let go for a while and think 'what's the point?', then you fall right back into old habits. Then do you know what happens? Two weeks, a month or a year later you get sick of the way you look and feel, and start over again.

You KNOW this is going to happen, it's why you are here now. So save yourself the trouble and kickstart yourself again RIGHT NOW!
  • somemansdream
    Options
    Rayman is right--that moment of reckoning will happen and you will wish you started right now. Everyone falls off the wagon--but you gotta learn to bounce girl--bounce right back up on there. There is a reason you want to lose weight so go for it. Good luck! Debbie
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Log your food, ever if you are eating dirty. That will motivate you to stay on the wagon.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have a meal called "FAIL". It is 1,000 calories, delicious, and not very good for me. Sometimes I eagerly eat two of them in a single sitting. I usually feel like crud an hour later. I log it like the car wreck that it is. I get on the scale the next morning and remind myself it will take 3 days of great workouts and no cheating to get back to where I was.
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can relate......I've been on vacation from work for a few days. At work I watch everything.......at home, I get bored and, well... For the first time since I started MFP I did not log everything yesterday and feel horrible. I'm logging it all today but did not exercise. Tomorrow is a new day. Time to refocus and get back at it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/

i'd copy & paste the article... but you should read it.
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have messed up today in my eating and I just have to tell myself that I am getting back up on that horse tomorrow! You have to do the same! When you do, you will feel so much better about yourself.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've been there. The hardest part of getting back on is the first few days. After a few days of good choices and exercise, it is easier to keep going forward in that fashion. I suggest thinking about your favorite foods that are also nutritionally sound. Plan a week worth of delicious but healthy meals and snacks to help you get back into things. There are lots of delicious berries and grapes in season right now that work great with greek yogurt!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    We don't get to live our lives backwards and enjoy the good things again. Why should we live them backwards and feel the pain of our mistakes forever?

Tomorrow, the greatest gift anyone ever got.
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    You only fail when you stop trying. Dont' beat yourself up over this slip and move on starting......right.....now!!! :wink:
  • kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand this! Last week was my first week back at work full time WITH my 2nd job (I teach and tutor)... I was busy, anxious, etc. and ate a lot of crap... I logged ALMOST all of it, but was embarrased to log some. This morning I got up at 5 and eventhough I couldn't make it the gym, I told myself I'd ride my exercise bike for just an episode of Friends (I have the DVDs), and do jumping jacks. As much as I love the elliptical, I knew I'd stress more going down to the gym, so I kept it simple. Though I didn't eat AWESOME today, I did NOT go over my calories, and it motivated me even more that i CAN do this... even with the students back... two jobs tomorrow though, so gotta keep the eye on the prize :) Small, slow, and steady :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/

i'd copy & paste the article... but you should read it.

It's a great article - I hope you've read it :)
  • nancyakeane
    Options
    Boy do I hear ya..... I did SOOO good a few years ago...then i put it all back on plus 20 more. So disapointed in myself. I found myself avoiding public or social gatherings with our friends because I was embarrassed. I just finally got sick of it. I had to change my mind set, think positive and just decide to DO THIS!!!! I just started a couple weeks ago then my friend told me about this site 2 days ago. It's so hard, I LOVE FOOD, but I think the support from this site will help us all!!! Like the Nike adds say....JUST DO IT!!!! You can add me as a support friend if you'd like? Good luck!!!
  • madhattermadsen
    Options
    The only reason you haven't got back on the wagon is because you haven't stepped on the scale. Trust me you need to check your weight because it will also give you a reality check. Motivation is hard to come by so if your motivation is not being afraid to step on that scale so be it. You have to stop somewhere.