Anyone doing low-carb?

Options
Is anyone on here focusing on low carb dieting? I am trying to lose a LOT of weight!!! I know from past experience that low carb is the way burn it fast for me! I have been on it about a week and lost 8 lbs last week. I don t want to lose that fast forever but I know its mostly water-weight right now and will slow down later!! I am looking for some buddies doing this too!! ADD ME!!! :-)

Replies

• Donnie0717
    Donnie0717 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm low carbing too! I'm doing a fat fast for 2 days then I'll follow an Atkins type diet. I was doing good last week but then hit rocky ground when I went to a kids party over the weekend. (and that's all she wrote) I really enjoy the food choices when I low carb it.
  • matroma
    matroma Posts: 24
    Options
    I haven't done it in years-but did Atkins and lost 40 pounds very quickly-then I took the train to carbville and gained it, and then some, back! It was realllllly effective and I felt great-but I just got my hands on pasta one day and willpower was gone. Now I am counting calories, cutting down on simple carbs/white pasta etc. and trying to go the balanced route, making better food choices and exercising more. Its been slow and steady and not as dramatic as the low carb experience. I know a few people for whom low carb was very successful long term. I guess it matters on the individual and long term lifestyle changes. Good luck to you!
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Join the keto group! There's an add me post.
  • ronnio_ron
    Options
    Yes, it really helps and I do it too occasionally, when I want to cut my weight off....
    Try reading more on Keto diets or better try for Cyclical Keto diets, which are really for the long term goals where you want to keep the weight off...

Yes, u right the first few massive lbs are the water weight, but you will see stark difference in your energy level dropping in the first few weeks as well,,,but do not lose scope as this will change back into normal once you go thru ketosis

BTW, how much carbs are you trying to get in daily...is it less than 50...
    What are your goals, current details????
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Lower carbs is the only way I can lose weight. :( I'm doing paleo. It makes it real easy to avoid carbs!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I only eat about half the carbs that MFP says to eat and it works for me. It helps me keep my calories down, I'm short so I have less of a calorie budget compared to taller girls. I like low carb products because typically they keep calories down and calories are the name of the game for losing weight. Luckily I like protein but it can add up fast too. Filling up with veggies and low fat protein and low carb products saves me, even in maintenance mode.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    By default yes low carb.......I have a new personal trainer who advised now carbs or fruit after 6pm and more protein throughout the day so far this has really worked for me, because Im eating extra protein I dont have room for carbs, Im never home from work / gym before 7pm so cant eat potatoes etc for dinner so just meat and veg, I dont eat much at breakfast (but Im slowly increasing breakfast to 300 - 400 cals) and lunch is now probably the ONLY time I eat carbs. I've only been doing it 4 days when I had my first weigh in with the new PT and had lost 2lbs just on no carbs alone!
  • helenx55
    helenx55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, i never go over 70 carbs they dont agree with me, make me feel sluggish and really fatigued.