green bean chip substitute!!!

Options
someone posted a 'recipe' for doing something with green beans that made them a good chip substitute (involved baking them in the oven but I can't remember what you did to them first) but I forgot to save the post. does anyone still have it anywhere please?

many thanks

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I havnt heard of anything with green beans, but I do make kale chips, they are quite yummy, I also really enjoy the freeze dried blueberries from Trader Joes, nothing but CRUNCH!

For the Kale chips, get some flat kale (the curly kind doesnt work as well), spray them with a little EVOO, or Pam, you dont need a lot, just a spritz, then rub it into the leaves on both sides, sprinkle with seasoning of your choice, place on a baking sheet, put in the oven at 350 for about 12-15 mins, let cool.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    thank you for your ideas; i will give them a try! x
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I assume "chip" means "fry", right? If yes:

Put frozen green beans in a zip lock baggie with a little EVOO along with seasoings (I use a little garlic salt, pepper and sea salt), shake it so all green beans are coated. Pour out onto a foil lined baking sheet and back in oven at 425 until the edges of the green beans turn light brown and look "crunchy" -- usually takes about 40-50 minutes. They taste just like french fries & my whole family loves them! Dip them in a little ketchup to get the full french fry taste!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That's the one!!!!! Thank you so much! xxx
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
  • chatter46
    chatter46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, I love it!! I need to try this!!!
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My SO loves fries, I wonder if I could convert him with these?
  • darstus
    darstus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump