Hoodia

Options
Has anyone else taken Hoodia as an appetite suppressant?

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have and didn't do much for me.
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am taking some now, starting yesterday, but it's not suppressing my appetite. I thought it binded with the fat not allowing you to absorb it?
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Hoodia did nothing for me. Through my research I found that there is really no scientific proof that hoodia effects appetite or weight loss. Thats why I always do extensive research before buying anything now.
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Hoodia for a couple of weeks now I have noticed i feel less hungry but i dont know if it is the pills or a psychological thing? Either way i do find it helps because i have to take it an hour before eating which helps me to remember to take care of what im eating and not to snack. Having said that, i wont be buying more once these run out as I think I have a routine now and i dont need it as i am used to eating less.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    there has not been enough testing on hoodia to prove that it is safe.... or effective for that matter.

if you are looking for a proven effective "boost" and appetite suppreciant find a product that combines caffeine & guarana....if it has white willow bark or green tea extract....bonus!!

This is safe if used as a boost or to get through a plateau... (30-60 days) and it is effective!!!
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    The other pills i have contain caffeine, guarana and green tea extract :0) once i run out of the hoodia i'll let you know if theres a difference, I did a fair bit of research into the hoodia gordonii and they are reported to be safe but they have not been tested for possible interactions with prescribed medications and there could be possible complications for diabetics due to the way they function but seeing as i am neither diabetic or on any form of prescribed meds ive been told i should be ok by my GP with the caveat that if i should experience anything untoward in the way of side effects then i should cease taking them and report back to him. Ive been taking them for three weeks now and everything seems to be ok so i'll just keep going with them until they run out in two weeks time. :0)

I just wanted to add that I also researched the company that was selling me the hoodia, and they are based about 15 miles from my home in the UK and fully licensed.
  • mikehull
    Options
    If you really want to "suppress" your cravings eat low glycemic foods.You wont spike and crash all day causing you to eat way more than your body needs. Check Usana Health Sciences, they have an awesome program called "Reset" that will help change what your body craves and the added "side effect" is weight loss.
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    That sounds cool, i'll check it out, although im only taking these to give myself a little edge to start me on the right track, both pills are just left over from a prior attempt at losing weight, once they are used up i wont be replacing them.