sick and not eating much!

Options
I've been sick for the past few days and haven't been able to keep anything in me! on average, it's hard for me to consume all my calories. but with being sick, i'm either afraid to try and eat anything again or i can't keep it down. i don't want my body to think i'm starving it - what should i try to eat?

also, do any of you have a problem with eating all of your calories on a daily basis? whenever i eat all my calories i am stuffed by the end of the day!!

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    I've been sick for the past few days and haven't been able to keep anything in me! on average, it's hard for me to consume all my calories. but with being sick, i'm either afraid to try and eat anything again or i can't keep it down. i don't want my body to think i'm starving it - what should i try to eat?

also, do any of you have a problem with eating all of your calories on a daily basis? whenever i eat all my calories i am stuffed by the end of the day!!
  • mattblancarte
    Options
    Before you consider what to eat, you want to make sure that you're doing everything you can to get well. That includes sleeping as much as possible, conserving energy, drinking the maximum amount of liquids, taking medication to calm your symptoms, etc.

I would try drinking some multi-v vitamin water, or make sure you're taking a strong food-based multi vitamin.

If you can't hold stuff down, don't try to eat. :) Just intake as much liquid as possible and ride it out until you can resume your normal diet.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional or nutritionist so I may be wrong.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    If your body is sick and not accepting food there is a reason for it. Please dont force food in your mouth if you're just going to bring it up again. Your body knows your sick, it wont think you're starving it.
    Take care of yourself, your body will want food again when it has got rid of the bug.
    Like mattblancarte said, drink heaps, rest heaps.