Face fat...

Options
It seems even when I lose weight, my face stays fat. I used to get complimented on my cheekbones and now they are buried under the fat on my face. I also have a double chin that can't help but pop out when I smile a toothy smile, so in a lot of pictures I'm kind of smiling/smirking with my lips closed.

I've thought about buying that mini workout thing for your chin, does it work? I'm getting desperate!

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, I think in the picture here your face looks beautiful.

That chin exerciser looks like a gimmick to me. I've always been told that it is impossible to spot reduce where fat is concerned. Exercising certain muscles only tones the muscles, it doesn't get rid of fat. I'd imagine that as you keep losing weight it will show in your face. Take pictures every 10 pounds or so, and I bet you'll start to see a difference. It's harder to notice when you're looking in the mirror every day.
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well thanks! lol! But I'm smiling closed mouthed, lol. It doesn't seem to show as much when I smile like that.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think that thing is pretty gimmicky, too. I'm not sure if they actually work but I do know that there are facial muscle exercises that you can do. I bet you can find them online. Let me know if you try them and if your face gets more "toned!" LOL I, too, think you look beautiful! :)
  • ChaslovesBrian
    ChaslovesBrian Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Trust me, as the weight falls off, it will too. I thought mine would never go away, but it is now getting much better. I will post pictures on my profile for you to see if you want.

I started out in the horrible ones at 186 pounds. In my profile photo now, I was at 154 in that photo.

Hang in there!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It IS a gimmick. I'm a physical therapist and get asked about various spot training devices all the time. There is NO SUCH THING as spot training. Our muscles are covered by a layer of fat so you need to lose the fat to see the defined muscles underneath.

Specifically regarding that device, from an anatomical perspective it will not work the way the commercial claims it will. It may however, give you a case of TMJ disorder. Don't worry, you will get your cheekbones back if you keep up the good work!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hi I had purchased the Neck line slimmer I would say about 5 months ago and used it everyday NO RESULTS, dont waist your money. You look very nice how you are, you dont even have an oval face, not sure what your talking about. But I know for me, from experience when you drink alcohol on a regular basis, that can cause it to puff-up also, since I quit drinking, my face has slimmed down, but still have the double chin.:huh:
  • azraa
    azraa Posts: 1
    Options
    I was searching on this and i found an article. i dont know if it works but here:
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/advice/lose-weight-face-oct04-2