New from WW :)

Hi there, my name is Lauren.

I began my WW journey at the beginning of this year, managing to lose just over 10kg but never quite reaching goal. I was incredibly close to my goal weight, however then I turned 18 and began to go out drinking...

Having been kicked out of our house due to earthquake reconstruction, I lost access to my scales and therefore self control... and I've gained 4kgs back from my absolute lightest.

I still want to be able to live this lifestyle of going out once or twice a week, even if I have to change WHAT I'm drinking. Does anyone have any advice for this? Dancing burns calories, after all! :tongue:

Replies

• I'm the same way with going out and whatnot, but I try and only drink clear drinks. I've heard that if you must drink, that's what you should drink.

P.S. Welcome to MFP, it'll definitely help you out!
  • Thanks for your support and advice! :)
    I'm feeling great about this already!
  • SWIRLs01
    SWIRLs01 Posts: 6 Member
    A great GREAT drink to drink is vodka and water with lime. It also dosent give u a hang over because your hydrating yourself :)
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I too have done WW. I loved it but I just couldn't afford it at this time. I just turned 21 so I've been doing a lot of drinking, but I've still managed to lose a little bit of weight since I turned 21 and eat healthy and stay active in the gym.

Clear drinks are definitely a must or wine or light beer. I love white zen only 80 calories for a 4 oz. glass.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Hi. I am currently on WW and having success with it. I'm liking doing both MFP and WW. We'll see how long I continue WW. I said I would give it til next summer. I'd like to keep that goal.

Not a big drinker any more (was at 21), but will help when I can. My favorite drink if I do drink is UV Cherry and Diet Coke -- tastes like Cherry Coke.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Welcome to the boards, post often. I came over from WW as well, just this weekend.

I just got this from another post earlier today.

http://getdrunknotfat.com/?s=win
  • A good one is Vodka as mentioned before, have it with soda water with fresh lime squeezed in or drink white wine with soda too, that's nice and it makes the drink last longer too.
  • I'm loving the idea of vodka, water and lime!

Normally I'd use diet coke/diet sprite and vodka, but the lime seems like it would definitely make it just that little bit more bearable. :laugh:

How does everyone manage with balancing their daily calorie intake with drinking?