Jeans are looser, but no Kilos dropping

Options
So 3 weeks into dieting, but not even a kg dropped. I'm constantly hungry and cranky and i miss my carb very very very much (RICE!!) Did notice my jeans seems a little looser but i am being skeptical and say its because the material is being stretched loose. Laughing families are not helping either. sigh.

My contribution to those kind enough to read this thread is an education piece of weight lost motivation video : Supersize VS Superskinny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7cOP6aaT8&feature=autoplay&list=PLE8165015C046C3CC&playnext=6

Replies

• VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm betting that drop is just a tiny bit away. You're probably gaining muscle too so don't despair. It will come.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It will happen. Keep at it and come back to this thread after 2 months. Don't give in to despair!
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like that show. My body never loses lbs and inches at the same time. Always one then the other! Wtg on the loose clothes!
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Keep going it will happen!
    I had a look at your diary (only a few days worth) and seems like you have an ok diet. It may sound crazy but you may need to up your calories. Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    Also, try to steer clear of processed foods as they can contain lots of sugar and salt, which can make you retain water, etc. Not sure if your eating lots of processed foods but it is good to note. Perhaps track sodium for a bit to get an idea how much you are consuming. Good luck. And remember, keep up the good work and it will be worth it! Your body with thank you.

Edit: Also thought I should add that I eat carbs. In fact toast for breakfast, and rice for lunch. I have lost 12 kilos.............
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin on! It will happen when your body is ready for it. This is why it is soooo important to track our measurements.

Also, if you are eating a lot of processed foods (which I am the culprit of myself being a college student and on a budget and having time constraints) you really need to be drinking a lot of water. You really need to be drinking a lot of water period, but especially if you are going to be consuming processed foods.
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your encouragements! I guess being an Endomorphic person i gain weight just breathing! lol And i really doubt my food diary alot, although im eating very small portion. I am eating chinese food with alot of sauce and dressing. (home cooking) Good thing i dont have the habit of dabbing in more sauce.

Thank you for the reading that Helloitsdan posted, its is indeed a very helpful article! So i need to be careful of my calories type and not just very little calories... interesting. so much to learn!
  • workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! My exercise pants are falling off me when I'm jogging but the weight doesn't and when I measure myself I remain the same! Weird. However I can see I have more definition and I feel healthier.
    Are you exercising? Sitting at a desk all day is draining, get some deskercise! :tongue:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-While-Sitting-at-Your-Computer
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lol! deskercise indeed!!