What weight were you to fit into an XL?

Options

Replies

• breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'm still in an XL in some brands of women's shirts and I weigh 170, but my boobs and broad shoulders are the reason... I think even when I hit my goal weight I'll still be a large in shirts
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6''. Size 16 jeans and XL tops. I weigh 228 lbs, but I still fit into these sizes at 245.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". In women's, I was 190ish. I don't have much for boobs, but I have a stomach, so shirts are occasionally still too snug around the stomach. I'm 170 now and I'm usually a large, but sometimes I still need an xl.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3-4" and I was between a L and an XL (depending on fabric and brand... AE runs a bit big and Aero runs small) at 175, but I'm also fairly large chested (36DD).
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I think a lot might depend on your height. For me it was 170lbs but I am short.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I see a big discrepancy in weights for people who are wearing an XL. I am currently 218 and 5' 8" and there is NO WAY that I can fit into a regular ladies size XL unless I really want to look like I'm wearing a sprayed on shirt. Not my idea of looking good! Someone said that different brand names fit differently which is probably true. I am not a brand name shopper. I'm looking at ladies XL at places like WalMart or KMart etc. not in boutique stores.

I am with you on this one. I'm 5'5", 177 lbs and I am just now able to get into XL tops,some I still can't. Of course like you said, I don't wear my clothes skin tight either, not going to let the rolls be that visible.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot and i believe i was 170 or so around there when i fit an XL
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For the last 2 years I've been stuck in that awkward phase of being able to wear Large T-Shirts but for regular day to day clothing I've been stuck in the in between phase of being able to wear some XL shirts and some 1x shirts. I think since I've lost about 10 lbs I can fit into most XL shirts, but when it comes to dresses, I think I'm still in a 1x. I'm 4' 11.5" My highest weight ever was around 182 and I am currently 171.
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    It truly depends on the brand/cut of the clothes. I am 207 pounds and 5'7" and I generally wear an XL, but can fit into some L's. On the bottom I can wear M's and L's.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    most of my shirts come from walmart...again even there the style and brand of shirt is going to fit me different. One style I can take a M in..then the next style has to be an xl. It's not only brand names that are quanky sized.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    185 or so. I'm 5'2".
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    About 240-50 pounds.

I'm 6'3, I wore that size in high school! NEVAR AGAIN.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My max was 225 at 5'7", and I wore size L tshirts with a few size M, but they were unisex/mens tshirts, which probably make it XL in women's sizes. Button-up shirts are much more problematic, and I generally just avoid them because they don't close right over a DD chest.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh exactly 200 and easily wear a size 14 pants (L or XL for non-numerical sizing) and an XL shirt. Not Juniors XL, though, just regular women's XL. Juniors is sized much smaller.
  • stangsally03
    stangsally03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me I wore XL comfortably at 175
  • SuperSteph81
    SuperSteph81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was 253 when i wore an XL. Im 5'5
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can really ask this question since if we have a 6" difference and my cup is a DD and yours is a C, different sizes and weights are going to be different.

Best bet, just go try some on. Noone is the same and weight is fairly irrelevant in this
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and carry all of my weight on my upper half (stomach, back, complete apple shape), I fit into a regular XL top when I was about 160 lbs., I can currently fit into an XL from Torrid/Lane Bryant etc. but they are a little tight, and I'm about 170 lbs right now.
  • vergonya
    Options
    I was 222 pounds, and I'm 5'4. I was 15 years old. I'm 16 now
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ha!! That's how I look now in XL tops.

Oops, I meant to use a quote, let's try this again.