One month down!

Options
ChelsoBee
ChelsoBee Posts: 26 Member
How many more to go??
Well I am one month in to restarting mfp. I have lost count how many times I have stopped and restarted. But I can tell you this time has kept me very interested.
I started 1 month ago, the same exact day I stopped smoking cold turkey.. Both have been successful! I have lost 8 pounds so far and I only have 11 more to go. If I can keep up with this, I could reach my goal weight in about 5 weeks!
Whats really helping me is that my wonderful boyfriend introduced me to hiking (I grew up in North Dakota and have now lived in Washington for a year). We go on a new hiking trip every Sunday. Some take all day and kill my legs, and some are quick and easy enough to run to the top. So usually I use the weekdays before our next hiking trip to train. I walk to the gym every Tuesday and Thursday for Zumba (I have been doing Zumba for about a year now) and then on Wednesday's and Fridays I jog/walk 6 miles going up and down hills the whole time. Saturdays I see how Im feeling and will sometimes add in a quick 4 mile walk. Saturday is also my cheat meal night. I have become extremely active and Im loving the results. Today I went jeans shopping just to humor myself, and I can uncomfortably(They button but barely) fit into a size 8 jeans..ha I can't wait until its a comfortable fit. Eating wise I have made a huge change as well. I measure everything! I also log everything. It holds me accountable. I end up eating alot of the same things which could bore some people, but so far so good. Portion control is everything and I never realized that before. I also see myself making my meals at home. You dont realize how oversized portions can be at resturants. So cooking at home has also made me happy because I am saving alot of money. I gorcery shop every Monday and I make a list so I dont over buy or buy stupid things I dont need.

Well just thought Id share what works for me, and I really just wanted to write it out to see my accomplishments. So please lets all do a little happy dance, not just for me, but everyone on here!!

Replies

• woladok
    woladok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. I hope you are able to meet your goal in the next 5 weeks. Best!
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this step! Way to go on your success!

I also just hit one month! I was also measured today and have lost 7.5 inches and 19lbs (sure a lot of that was water). Not bad for a month!

Keep up the good work! We can all make it to where we want to go with hard work and determination!
  • ChelsoBee
    ChelsoBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this step! Way to go on your success!

I also just hit one month! I was also measured today and have lost 7.5 inches and 19lbs (sure a lot of that was water). Not bad for a month!

Keep up the good work! We can all make it to where we want to go with hard work and determination!

Wow great job yourself!! Thats amazing.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well done, on both :D
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm from Washington :) Can't wait to get into hiking when we move back! Congrats again!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've discovered how much I love hiking over the past few months, and go almost every weekend. And I'm quitting smoking in 6 days (which will make the hills a helluva lot easier when I'm on the trail!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!