Need good Breakfast ideas

Options
I usually have fruit and egg whites for breakfast. Sometimes I juice apples, kale, blueberries etc.

Anyone have any good suggestions on anything else?? I'm feeling uncreative and stuck!

Thanks!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have been really enjoying muesli with Greek yoghurt and some kind of fruit - peaches, banana, blueberries, whatever.

You can also have muesli with almond milk and fruit.

My mom used to hand us an eggnog made of egg, milk, a big of sugar and some flavoring - instant coffee, a banana or other fruit, vanilla - and ice.

I have eggs a zillion different ways - boiled, as wraps, breakfast burrito, huevos rancheros, fried . . .

And there's always leftovers
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    my favourite breakfast ever is 2 slices of really grainy toast, spread with a serve (i forget if its 1tbs or 2) of extra light philadelphia cheese and sliced tomatoes on top. to make it even more delicious (my mouth is watering as i think of this!) a little bit of fresh basil and pepper on top.
  • toriavict
    Options
    One of my favs is what I call a waffle sundae:
    2 Kashi seven grain waffles (or when Im ambitious Ill make some whole grain protein waffles)
    fat-free Ricotta
    Kiwi
    walnuts
    I got the idea from fitness magazine I think but its super yummy and something I look forward to getting out of bed to eat :)
  • gottagettagrip
    Options
    Multigrain toast with a thin layer of peanut butter and strawberry yogurt. Yum. About 200 calories.
  • JoleneAKAMom
    Options
    Here my main breakfasts are cherrios or special k with 1% milk, apple cinnomon quacker instant oats, poached or boiled egg on a piece of wholewheat toast or a small whole wheat wrap with one scrambled egg and some hot sauce!!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have made a healthy version of Mc Donald's breakfast burritos. I use either mission carb balance tortillas or La Banderita whole wheat tortillas and turkey sausage mixed with egg whites and 2 tbsp of shredded cheese. They are awesome and you can make a bunch and freeze them.
    The sausage I use is great value turkey patties. I make two burritos out of one sausage and eggs whites measured out to equal to half an egg. I'll cut up onions and season with onion and garlic powder and pepper to keep the sodium down. I also found Clint's hot salsa that is extremely low in sodium that my husband uses.
    I also, do 100 calorie english muffins with the same concept. I just make sure I cut up the sausage cause you get more bang for your buck.
    The burritos and english muffins are so easy to make, freeze and eat! Good luck
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I struggle with breakfast too, because I'm allergic to eggs (oh how I miss you, Huevos Rancheros!!).
    I eat a fair amount of oatmeal. I try to stick to organic and I aim to get the unflavored kind and add some dried fruit or a little honey or something on my own, so I know what's being added. I often will add a few dollops of Greek Yogurt to my oatmeal as well to boost the protein content. Also, I'll add some flax or chia seeds sometimes.
    I'm fascinated by the refrigerator oatmeal recipes that have been shared around here, some look delicious and even have chocolate!

Ozery buns are delicious--basically small multigrain pita rounds. I'll toast one of these and have it with peanut butter and a little jam.

Yogurt, greek or not, with berries.

multigrain toast with PB and jam.

cottage cheese with fruit
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    4 tbsp oats, 14 almonds, less than a tsp of honey, about 1/4 cup water, dash of cinnamon, and about 1/4 cup water...microwave. I'm gluten free so I use GF oats.
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Multi grain pancakes when I have time with eggs and turkey sausage or Kashi go lean when I'm I am a rush
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat with greek yogurt and fruit.

or

Egg white with 2 slices Morningstar fake soy bacon.

or

Cottage cheese and carrots.
  • lustrebass
    lustrebass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Incredibly original - NOT!!! 1 cup cereal (usually Fiber One or Crispix), 1/2 cup 1% milk, coffee, and some creamer. Sometimes I'll go crazy and add some berries to the cereal. I know. Bo----ring.
  • Annzatgoal
    Annzatgoal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make old-fashioned oatmeal (3 day's worth at a time) with a Tbsp or two of chopped dates. Then I add a bit of Blue Bonnet Light, a good pinch of brown sugar, and low-fat milk...who needs dessert?!?

Other days, it's whole-grain cereal and banana, or a scrambled egg with one whole egg and one egg white, and a side of whole wheat toast and fruit. On days that I don't eat eggs, I usually eat 7 or 8 almonds to get enough fat to help guard against late a.m. hunger.
  • cmc0202
    cmc0202 Posts: 1
    Options
    It seems easy to get stuck in a rut with breakfast. For some reason, I love sweet things for breakfast as you can see below. A couple of years ago, I went to one of those places where you either prepare your food for the week or they prepare it for you. I purchased food for week that was supposed to be healthier and low in calories. I found I didn't like many of the lunch and dinner foods but loved some of the breakfast ideas.

1) Spread a little bit of fat free cream cheese on a whole wheat wrap. Peel and slice granny smith apple. You won't need more than half, if that. Sprinkle cinnamon on the apple slices and heat in the microwave until soft. Put apples over cream cheese and roll the wrap.

2) Spread low fat yogurt and peanut butter on whole wheat wrap. Then sprinkle with walnuts and slices of banana. Roll wrap. You can also freeze these and either let them thaw for maybe 15 minutes before eating or microwave for a litle bit. (I've also seen these done with peanuts instead of walnuts and honey instead of yogurt.

3) Cook 1 serving of cream of wheat. Instant works great. Warm 1/4 cup of pumpkin slightly in microwave. Usually 1 minute on medium heat. Mix pumpkin with cream of wheat, add a tablespoon of splenda, a pinch of cloves, a pinch of ginger, cinnamon to taste, and if you want some crunch and protein a small amount of nuts. I prefer pecans.
  • relucas81
    Options
    Bacon
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I love that extra 10-15 minutes of sleep in the morning so I take my breakfast with me. It's usually a banana, but sometimes I'll take grapes, maybe a sliced apple if I have the time. Then I'll also have some sort or protein bar or the Emerald Nuts Breakfast on the Go granola mixes. The key for me is portability!

On weekends, I'll still do some kind of fruit, but especially in the summer it's more likely to be cantaloupe or watermelon. And then I'll have a slice or two of multi-grain bread with some whipped low-fat cream cheese or some sort of nut butter.

My favorite lately is a recipe I found on the Panera Bread site for a Grilled Banana Sandwich - blend together 1/4 of a large banana, 1 1/2 TBS low fat whipped cream cheese, 1 1/2 TBS peanut butter and 1 TBS honey. I just use that as a spread (makes 2 servings). Yummy!

http://mypanera.panerabread.com/recipes/recipe/grilled-banana-sandwiches/
  • adam85491
    adam85491 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with soy milk is always good. Low in calories, high in protein. There's a plethora of things you can do with eggs, vegetables, and leftover meat. Light yogurt and a piece of fruit always works for me if I'm low on time as well.
  • silversnake84
    silversnake84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cereal, single greek yoghurt, a lot of fruits. Don't need the milk with the yoghurt. It's about 300-500 calories depending on how much of everything you take. If that's too much just greek yoghurt and fruits are delicious.

If not breakfast burrito. 1 egg + egg white if you want more with onions, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, avocado and some salsa. About 300-500 calories as well but ridiculously tasty. Don't have to put too much veggies but with all that flavor you will hardly taste if you aren't too crazy about veggies in the morning. Add in some canadian bacon for some extra protein :D
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    protein is the first thing u need when u wake up!
    Egg whites+ spinach or a whey shake w almond milk, ice, and instant coffee usually does it for me :)
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats are delicious and easy to make a bunch over the weekend :)