unpleasant side effect

Options
liigaa
liigaa Posts: 24 Member
I just noticed.. :noway: My hands are losing weight too! The ring I have been wearing for years is now getting loose, which is ok.
But! They are getting kinda wrinkly because the skin is too much, I guess. Is there a way I can do something about it? The skin is soft and well-moisturized, but they look old because of those wrinkles! Can anyone give me advice? :huh:

Replies

• liigaa
    liigaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just noticed.. :noway: My hands are losing weight too! The ring I have been wearing for years is now getting loose, which is ok.
    But! They are getting kinda wrinkly because the skin is too much, I guess. Is there a way I can do something about it? The skin is soft and well-moisturized, but they look old because of those wrinkles! Can anyone give me advice? :huh:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Hi Liigaa,

I wouldn't worry about it, give it time and the skin should recover. It mightbe differant if you were older but your not :smile:

The only thing you can do to aid your skin is drink plenty of water and use hand cream which as a girl i'm sure you do anyway :tongue:

This is all part of the weight loss path if it was easy and pleasant we'd all be thin! lol
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Your post reminded me of how the same thing happened to me the last time I lost a bunch of weight.

About 10 years ago, I lost 40 pounds (gained it back though) in an unhealthy manner--anyway, I had noticed my wedding ring was getting loose because of the weight loss. One day, I was in the grocery store and mentioned to my husband to grab something off the shelf for me. Well, when I swung my hand towards the shelf, my wedding ring flew off my finger, down the aisle, and slid underneath the shelf unit!

The store guy had to get a stick to sweep under the shelf and after about 15 minutes, I finally had my ring back.

Moral of story--if your rings are getting loose, be careful how you swing your hands around! :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've had my wedding ring resized once, and I'm on the verge of doing it again.

I second the being careful warning.. . mine flew off my (sweaty) finger in spin class. Awkward. . .
  • thisisforme
    thisisforme Posts: 28
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Mine flew off in a semi dark movie theater. It made a nice cling/clang sound as it rolled down the isle.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: