i just stepped on the scale and didnt realize i weighed this

allyrosex3
allyrosex3 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i thought i was around 185, 190. Im 194 lbs. this is so unhealthy. i need to lose 60 lbs. and quick! any advicee?

Replies

• Slow and steady. You didn't put the weight on overnight, and you can't take it off overnight. No matter how badly we want to. Quick weight loss has a history of short term success followed by putting the weight back on. You can do it. One day at a time, one meal at a time.

God bless,
    Karen
  • thank you. i really need people to help keep me motivated. Im trying to stay with the calorie count, but I feel like Im still eating bad foods here and there .
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    We all would love to lose our extra weight overnight! You really MUST NOT do this!
    Look around at the many posts and you will see that the majority of people who are a bit older than you (ok 10 - 15 years and more) have all done the rapid weight loss when they were around your age and we are all paying now and have spent many years yo-yo dieting!!!
    Don't be fooled by the idea of losing the weight fast because you will put it ALL back on and more besides.
    You need to try and change the way you think about food and exercise for life. You are young so don't think you should never eat the things you enjoy again, just try and eat things in moderation but do not go below your calories allowance and really increase your exercises to burn off calories.

Good luck x
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Slow and steady. You didn't put the weight on overnight, and you can't take it off overnight. No matter how badly we want to. Quick weight loss has a history of short term success followed by putting the weight back on. You can do it. One day at a time, one meal at a time.

God bless,
    Karen

I think Karen says it best! I lost 100 pounds. 270 in January 2007 down to 168 this morning.. But It didn't happen overnight. It took me a year and a half to lose 60 lbs. So remember, its not about the goal, because EVEN when you get there, you have to work to maintain it. It's all about the journey. Enjoy seeing your body change and learning how to live life to the fullest and enjoy great food! :]

And. Since this comes up sooo often on the message boards, do not starve yourself. Follow the guidelines for your calories, eat your exercise calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and if you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Good luck!!! :]
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    thank you. i really need people to help keep me motivated. Im trying to stay with the calorie count, but I feel like Im still eating bad foods here and there .

Bad foods can be a part of an overall healthy diet!!! I had ICE CREAM with my lunch. I intend on making brownies in the next few days and I'll be darned if I'm not having one of those too!! What I've learned, is that you can't have any "bad" foods, or "off limits" foods because you're liable to crave them more, and its WAY easier to binge on them. :]
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    thank you. i really need people to help keep me motivated. Im trying to stay with the calorie count, but I feel like Im still eating bad foods here and there .

I had a chocolate chip cookie last night! I was still within my count, so I ate it and I enjoyed it immensely! Slow and steady, you can do this!
This discussion has been closed.