HIIT - help needed

Options
I just read about the HIIT 8 week programme... And really keen to start it tonight, however I have a question. As you probably know the workout is usually 20mins or under per workout, so can I still go on and do my normal exercise before / after I do the HIIT???

Replies

• Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Depends how you feel if you feel good then yes why not if not then no, I would be carefull of burn out after a few weeks if you do carry on after.
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, where have you found the programme? I'd like to try it out too!

I agree, see how you feel with it all, you don't want to burn out. I guess it depends how much exersize you do normally. Just see how you go. I know it's intense but if its only 20 minutes in the morning or whatever, you might well be able to manage half an hour more in the evening or a light jog or something?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If you can still do more afterwards you're probably not doing it hard enough!

If you really think you're able, other cardio should come after so you can dedicate your strength to putting everything into the HIIT. Don't do it on the same day as strength training.
  • brisbaneangie
    brisbaneangie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love HIIT! A few hardcore HIIT sessions always smash any plateau I am experiencing, have fun!

I agree with the above comment, if you feel up for doing more cardio after a HIIT session (at least for the first little bit) you might not be working hard enough. HIIT leaves me 100% knackered :)

I love the program link, thanks for sharing... I'm going to give it a go!