Strength Training programme for women?

Options
Needing to up my ante and include some toning strength training exercises. What programmes are there that take 15 minutes or less, and don't require expensive equipment?

Replies

• Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer sorry but this is something i would like to know also!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You could look up bodyweight training... it's a good place to start. Eventually though you will need to add in things like dumbbells/barbells because bodyweight alone won't cut it anymore.

Not sure how many programs take 15 minutes or less... Most programs have you to 3 reps of an exercise for between 5-20 reps depending on the program.

When I lift(and I do barbell/dumbell lifting) I'm in the gym for a good 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Gym Boss - £15
    Resistance Bands - £15 - 30
    You tube - full body resistance band training, HIIT training with resistance bands, Tabata Body weight.
    nowloss.com has many workouts

make your own sand bag training equipment
    lift the end of your sofa or bed or other heavy items
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Google Bodyrock - they have done 30 day challenges (I hear the Jan one was better than May's) - all you need is your own body weight and a timer - either Gymboss or download a free app on your phone.
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Pump is good it is like Bodypump that they offer in the different gyms.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You could buy a resistance band and hit all major muscles in less than 15 minutes using that/body weight. With body weight you can do pushups for chest, squats and lunges for legs/butt. Resistance band you can do bent over row for back, over head shoulder press, lateral raises and front raises for shoulders, bicep curls and kickbacks for arms. Switch from one exercise right into another for 3 sets of each of 10-15 repetitions at a slow tempo. I would personally do this for the order

Pushups
    Bent over row
    Squats
    Overhead shoulder press
    Lateral raises
    Lunges
    Front raises
    Curls
    Kickbacks

This is a very simple mockup but I hope this helps!
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought a resistance band set on ebay (apparently that equates to different weights)- this is the workout i'll start with: http://scoobysworkshop.com/womens-beginning-resistance-band-workout/
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How much did you get your resistance band set for??
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How much did you get your resistance band set for??

£10.49, not bad eh! Here's the item URL: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110941810477&var=410133909817