best time of day to weigh

Options
I was wondering when the best time of day is to weigh yourself?

Replies

• ahoops
    ahoops Posts: 1
    Options
    First thing in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom. You shouldn't have any unmetabolized food in your stomach, and should be your most accurate body weight.
  • Kirsten2577
    Kirsten2577 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    just be consistant in the time you weigh yourself. I weigh in wed or fridays after I get out of bed @ 7. Best of luck with your journey...
  • mikesheppard
    Options
    Ahoops is right - first thing in the morning.

One other tip - don't weigh yourself every day. Once a week is plenty. The reason? Your weight change doesn't travel in a straight line, and some days you will be slightly heavier than the day before. Rather than get disillusioned, you should settle for a week-by-week snapshot of your weight. This way any day-to-day fluctuations will be ironed out, and you will see a true pattern emerge.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning, about 45-60 minutes after I get up. By then I've started moving, used the bathroom, and so on. Just be consistent, that's really the most important thing.
  • MsT4u
    MsT4u Posts: 10
    Options
    I also weigh in once a week, usually Mondays mornings. As of late though, I am really frustrated with my scale because it is flucuating a lot, even after putting in a new battery.
  • holly87
    Options
    Thank you all! Everyone was a big help:smile: