Repress your hunger

Options
i'm sure this "hint" won't be new to some of you, but it is to me, and it works.

I always take a bottle of water with me to work everyday...now, i don't like the taste of plain water, i need something to give it a boost so i will enjoy it. I want to stay away from using Crystal Light, and i know that i love Lemon in my water. Last night I bought 2 lemons, and this morning, i 2 thin pieces (so they would fit in the bottle) and have just been drinking that all day. Lemon in your water is supposed to stop or slow down the hunger...and it works.......this is the first day in weeks that i left work and wasn't starving....it definately helps for someone like me, who is now not eating all the time like i used to, and would get so annoyed when my stomach growled....drink some lemon all day, and trust me you WILL notice a difference!!!! i think i have finally found my cure to slow down my hunger!

Cheers

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    sounds like a great idea!! Thank you for sharing:smile:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I found a flavored water at the grocery store called Skinny Water. Its zero calories, sero sugars and no preservatives, they add eletrolytes to the purified water to give it the boost and it comes in all different flavors - supposedly different electrolytes for different things.
    I dont drink it exclusively but I find when I need something with "flavor" it is perfect - google it and check it out - I love it!
  • weejen
    weejen Posts: 2
    Options
    I will def be tryin this 2moro. Great tip, thanks
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Orange slices are tasty also.! Thanks for the tip!
  • aleefula
    Options
    just a note on the lemon thing, I too find plain water just unbearable, but as i have a stomach condition, gastritis, if i drink or even eat fruits that are very acidic my stomach will get very upset. What i have been doing is taking sparkling water with me and it does exactly the same trick as the lemon water, just to warn those who have sensitive tummies :smile:
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    for those that will be trying it tomorrow, please come back and let me know how you made out.....Believe me when I say my stomach growls ALL THE TIME.....and today, it grumbled a couple times, but i drank some of my lemon water and that was it.....i think it makes you feel full too.......i'm glad I started it thou....i guess i know now what i'll have to do everyday at night when i'm sitting home on the couch..LOL,,

Good luck
  • infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to stay on a 1300-1500 calorie diet with vigorous exercising three times a week. I have been getting hungry in the night??? I try not to eat after 8pm so if I am not asleep by 11 or 12 then I get hungry again. I have tried celery as it helps lower blood pressure too. Also I bought some whey protein powder and it helps at times too. I hate being hungry all the time does any one have any more ideas? Drinking water helps to a point but then going to bathroom alot. :smile
  • aleefula
    Options
    god you and me could be the same person!!! that happened to me just last night, i came home at around 10 pm and felt like i was going to die if i didnt eat anything!!! i drank water and then i had some grapes and it repressed my hunger a little bit, and then what i did was go straight to bed as you cant eat when you are asleep!!! i would welcome anybody that has any more ideas as i too get like that at night!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I find flavored water helps because it gives my taste buds a kick. I LOVE SoBe 0 calorie flavors! Which reminds me I need to buy some more. It's pricey, so I don't drink it constantly, but it's soooo good.
  • mloren
    mloren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I like the lemon water too but am too lazy to cut lemons I buy the lemon juice.This works well with out the rind taste at the end of the day. The best thing I found is Green Tea extract. Two dropper fulls in a 16 oz watter bottle. I love it. Give it a try. ggod luck.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I will be trying the lemon's soon I think I may even use lime's too. What I recently started doing because I am always so ravenous I have started to use GNC's Super Fiber in my water to give me that full feeling so I am not as hungry when I do sit down to eat. I hear a glass a water before you sit down to eat help you to eat less why not add some fiber to that, and it's tasteless so that is awesome. :bigsmile:
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    If I'm starving, I know I better eat or it's not gonna be pretty!! I've been tring to get the Green Giant simply steam frozen vegetables and even though the box is 3 servings, it's around 120 calories and healthy. The baby vegetable medley with sauce is delicious(even my husband said so) and sugar snap peas!! Good luck. I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry :(
  • slwwilson
    Options
    When I want a sugar kick, I make up the Crystal Light knock-off from Aldi's. I think the brand is Fit-n-Light. Anyway, 0 sugars, 0 calories, etc. and it taste just like kool-aid! I also use it with unflavored protein powder and ice to make a slush.

I agree with the night-time eating. My weakness is snacking at night. I don't know what the magic trick is. I usually allow myself a small handful of almonds.

Has anyone tried the 60 calorie Jello mousse? I was wondering if it was as good as the commercial makes it look!