green tea fat burner? can i get opinions???

Options
I have a friend who takes green tea fat burner. Can i get some advice ..are they good for you? do they work? if anybody can help that would be great!

Thanks

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    green tea has been shown to be beneficial towards weight loss, studies have shown that weight loss was greater then was to be expected from the caffeine content alone, researchers suspect it is the catechin EGCg
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not sure about fat burner if you mean pills..but I drink green tea, decaf, 2 x a day. Supposed to be good for weight loss.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I used to take a green tea fat burning pill.. all it gave me was headaches and the constant feeling I was putting something unhealthy into my body. I drink hot zen green tea instead.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not sure about fat burner if you mean pills..but I drink green tea, decaf, 2 x a day. Supposed to be good for weight loss.

And Dr Oz says it helps keep you hydrated too! :)
  • jsilvernagel
    jsilvernagel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you everybody for you advice -- and yes i meant grean tea fat burner pills
  • gini65
    gini65 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I am fairly new to coming on here and was looking at past topics.

I bought the Green Tea Fat Burner pills by accident. I meant to buy the Green Coffee Bean pills that Dr. Oz talked about. When I got home I realized I bought the green tea pills. I decided for $9.99 a bottle, why not give them a shot. Personally I don't think they burn fat, because my opinion is only way for that to happen is by exercising and watching your calorie intake. But I was looking for something to give me that extra boost to get into the mood of exercising. Ha! To me they work great because they do exactly that. I take them and I'm ready to exercise or do something. I read a lot of reviews on this pills, and a big percentage of people love them for the energy and a small percentage says they give them headaches, etc. Probably something in the pill that doesn't work for them. Anyway, I love the energy boost they give me so I recommend them for that. Not the fat burning part, I think that comes from the actual exercise you do because it gives you the energy to get that done. Don't know if you ever tried them or not, but to me they work great!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Never tried the pills but I drink at least one cup of green tea most days. I didn't see any increase in weight or fat loss when I started drinking it, though. But I had already been drinking plenty of black tea.