scale is going in the wrong direction !!!

Options
So everything is going well in the first three weeks, I lost 1 pound each week and was happy with that. This Sunday I reset my activity level to sedentary because we are in exam week (I teach) so I basically sit all day. MFP adjusted my calories down. I have been sticking to the new lower calorie guide (I am very honest and accurate with my food diary) and I have worked out twice this week (I did not eat back the calories) and the scale said I gained back two pounds this week. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• zwanzig
    Options
    is it your menstrual cycle or the week prior?
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    1 weigh in does not not a doomed diet make!
    first off the activity level is a general guide - not a week to week decision...set it to what you are "most" and leave it... just because this week you will be sitting more then next week shouldnt change the grnad scheme.
    exams bring stress (eben though you are a teacher) and hormones and both of those can effect your body - you also may be within your calories but off in other areas (maybe a lot sodium) -- maybe you arent drinking enough water - or if you are a woman your cycle could be effecting your body too...
    the short of it is that - 1 week will not make a difference in the long run - stick with the plan the way you have been and just keep plugging away - be sure to eat back your exercise caloires and look forward a few weeks/months -- keep focused!
  • braggda
    Options
    Sometimes when you dont eat enough, your body will store everything you eat as fat because you are starving your body. What seems to work for me is to eat something that has alot of calories and weigh in the next day and usually i drop like 2lbs because my body gets back what it was missing. I have been doing this consistently for 4 weeks and I have dropped down 9lbs. So good luck and try not to do less calories do what your goal is and even if you dont exercise you will lose because your body needs all the calories to lose the weight.:drinker: