Breakfast...YUK!

Options
I can't stand eating breakfast. I like breakfast food. I just can't stand eating before about 11a.m. I am trying hard to break this and force myself to get up and eat first thing...But I am sitting here looking at my breakfast just thinking YUK. I know it is one of the most important changes I can make but I am finding it the hardest of all to implement.
Anyone else experience this and/or have any suggestions? I was thinking of trying some sort of a meal replacement nutrition shake but I don't know anything about them and if that is considered as healthy as actually eating breakfast.

Replies

• SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I can't stand eating breakfast.

Then don't. There's no benefit to weight loss/fitness unless you find it means you eat more later on in the day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't stick to a strict schedule, I eat when I'm hungry.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast.

If it was just about breakfast foods (i.e. cereal, eggs, yogurt, toast). I would say, have any food you like (sandwich, salad, chicken and rice, etc.).

But, it appears that you are not hungry before 11. If that is the case, there is no reason to eat before 11. My only concern would be if 11 comes and you are starving and start to binge. If that isn't an issue. Don't eat it before 11.

It's not about when you eat or even what you eat. It's about how much you eat.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Don't eat it then....there are lots of people that do 16/8 fast. Meaning you fast for 16 hours eat during 8 hr window.

Ex: Eat between 11:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
    Fast from 7:00 p.m.- 11:00 a.m.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Clearvite has a great prtien/vitamin enriched weight loss shake powder. Add almond milk some forzen fruit and some ice. makes a great starter for before you workout. Then I come home and have a handful off homemade trail mix.
  • sexynatasha
    Options
    I'm the same never hungry before 11 but I force myself to eat a banana about an hour after I get up so I have some energy to keep me going till lunch
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    If you don't feel shaky come 11 then dont bother, if you do a protein shake may be the answer.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you're ok with drinking in the morning you could always try a protein shake. Either just milk and protein or mix it up with like fruit, protein powder, milk, spinich, whatever. There are tons of healthy shake recipes out there. I'm learning to love PB2 which is a powder peanut butter that works great for shakes.
    But I don't think you HAVE to eat breakfast if you dont want to. Just make sure you're fueling your body properly for the day. I have a friend that was trying a diet where you get all your calories between 2pm and 8pm and it seems to work for him.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't really like eating first thing either so often don't eat until 11ish. As others have said, if it doesn't lead to binging at lunch then it's not an issue when you eat your calories.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here have lost lots of weight never eating breakfast. I would say don't worry about it
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry. Don't stress.

I'm consistent with breakfast on weekdays because I'm already up and working, moving, thinking - boo work. ^_^ So I'm naturally hungry.

During the weekends, sometimes I don't have breakfast, just an am snack. Especially if I start my day after 9am. Lazy mornings = me not really hungry. I don't crave anything until around 10 or 11am those types of days.

It hasn't done me any damage. :)
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Maybe start by drinking a glass of milk, then go from there. If you really want to start eating breakfast, I recommend not eating as much at night so that you wake up hungry. Personally, I do a very small breakfast most weekdays because that's what works for me. On weekends, I tend to do a bigger breakfast and it's not always breakfast stuff. Sometimes I'll have tacos or something if that sounds good.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I am NOT a morning person and can't stand food before 10/11am. I get a morning tea break at work and will usually have a peice of fruit and then I'm fine until lunch. I don't stress about it, I'm losing weight fine and eating all of my calories. :)
  • highfalutin
    highfalutin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support everyone! All you hear is breakfast is the most important meal, you have to eat breakfast and on and on... and every morning I look at it in front of me and just feel sick. My mother finally gave up trying to force feed it to me when I was around 10 or so...so 30 years of no breakfast is hard break!
    I have been trying to force it. Thinking I may just get a little snack to munch on before lunch and have lunch be my first "real meal" of the day.