Trying something new.

Options
I've been on mfp for about a month. I'd like to say i'm a pretty fit person and work hard everyday to be where I am. I've always been a runner and run half marathon's a couple times of each year. I love working out and exercising. I'm looking to lose about 10-15 lbs. My boyfriend is very fit and it's hard to talk to him because he always just says 'you'll get there, I need to do it too!' He used mfp for about 2 weeks. He is in better shape than I and helps others lose weight. I really hope this works. I've lost three lbs. so far and just can't seem to get any more off. :( we'll see I guess..

My name is Nicole, hello and good luck to all on here!

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    actually, for someone your size, 3 pounds in a month is fantastic. When it's that last 10-15 pounds, it comes off super slow. really, 3 pounds is fast, you're doin it right.
  • nkcatanzano
    Options
    This is the most I have ever watched what I eat. I've always exercised, but never watched what I put in my body on the daily. It's incredible when you are monitoring it the change you can make. The evening time is DEFINITELY my enemy though. Still working on trying not to eat after 8.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Nicole! You'll find a lot of support here (as well as some wise a$$ses :laugh: ) Good luck in your journey! And congrats on your 3 pounds lost! Remember, it takes time, I didn't lose anything for months then lost a little then nothing for a few weeks but I'd rather it be slow and stay off.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    This is the most I have ever watched what I eat. I've always exercised, but never watched what I put in my body on the daily. It's incredible when you are monitoring it the change you can make. The evening time is DEFINITELY my enemy though. Still working on trying not to eat after 8.

the idea to not eat after a certain hour is a myth. If you like a late night snack, and allowing yourself that snack will help you stay on target, have it. just log it and fit it into your goals.
  • nkcatanzano
    Options
    I get off work at 9:30 a lot of time and it's been driving me CRAZY trying not to have something when I get home. Thanks for the info! That is going to help me out a lot more now!!