1500-1600 calories/day

Options
Those of you who are pulling in about 1500-1600 calories a day -- what does a typical day look like for you?

I'm a 3-meal-a-day kind of girl. My trainer seems to eat (and enjoy) chicken and brown rice for every meal, so I'm not keen on getting his suggestions. I'm a total flavor-*kitten*, so I love to cook and love lots of variety but I struggle to find time to cook lunches (and breakfast most days, so I stick with granola and plain Greek yogurt)... but I'm struggling between not enough calories and too many.

So tell me, MFPers... what are you eating?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When I'm cutting (which I am now) I stick around 1500 calories. I eat a LOT of food. A typical day would be:

Breakfast:
    coffee w/ half and half
    greek yogurt
    3-egg white omelette w/ cheese
    Total: 250

Morning snack:
    Protein shake w/ almond milk and blueberries
    Total: 175

Lunch:
    HUGE salad w/ shredded chicken breast, goat cheese, yogurt ranch dressing, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, red onions
    Some kind of snack like veggie chips
    Total: 420

Afternoon snacks:
    string cheese
    almonds
    Total: 160

Dinner:
    Some kind of lean protein like lean hamburgers, chicken picatta, etc..
    huge plate of broccoli or asparagus
    Total: 400

Evening snack:
    Usually a weight watchers ice cream bar or something around 100 calories
    Total 100

Total: 1505 calories
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I do 1,500 a day. My diary is open so you're welcome to take a look.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. I eat a lot (and often).
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump....This is what I'm eating in a day and I'd love to get some new ideas! I tend to get in a food rut....
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,550 a day. I just opened my diary so you can look. I am vegetarian. Weekdays are usually pretty similar to each other; weekends I do more things socially (like drink alcohol for example) so they vary a lot and generally aren't quite as healthy as most weekdays.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm about 1700/day. Here's what my diary looks like TODAY:

Breakfast:
    1 cup of Coffee w/ 2 packets of Splenda and Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer
    2 egg whites fried, 1 slice of provolone cheese, & 2 slices of ham on whole wheat toast
    = 344 cal

Mid-Morning Snack
    small red delicious apple
    2Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (nom nom nom)
    = 256 cal

Lunch
    ~8 slices of turkey with mustard on honey wheat bread
    carrots & 2Tbsp ranch dressing (full fat, Hidden Valley Ranch - this is a 1X/week occurrence, but my ranch dressing is the one thing I won't compromise on :wink: )
    = 410 cal

Mid-Afternoon Snack
    light string cheese
    almonds
    = 210 cal

Dinner
    ~5oz garlic & lemon butter tilapia
    1 cup brown rice
    = 485 cal

Total cal: 1705

I will also take a 30-min spin class later today and expect to burn between 300 and 400 calories, depending on the intensity, so I MIGHT have a 100 calorie mini ice cream sandwich after dinner.:happy:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options

I will also take a 30-min spin class later today and expect to burn between 300 and 400 calories, depending on the intensity, so I MIGHT have a 100 calorie mini ice cream sandwich after dinner.:happy:

I highly recommend Trader Joe's Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Wedges. They're 100 calories and amazing!!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

I highly recommend Trader Joe's Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Wedges. They're 100 calories and amazing!!!

Oooo...that does sound yummy. Thank you!
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500-1600 calories/day, I cook & eat real food, and my diary is open.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My net goal is 1550. My diary is open.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    Bump
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As well as the other wonderful ladies, my diary is open so you could take a look if you'd like to.

My dietician and i worked out a plan where we do carb counting. For those that don't know, it's where 15g of carb is counted as one carb choice. I'm allowed two at breakfast, one snack, two at lunch, one snack, and then three for dinner. Snacking through out the day helps to keep you going and makes you less hungry come your three meals...I'm a little different because i have to snack to keep my blood sugars in check!

But I'm learning a lot in this class i'm taking, so if you ever want to talk more, feel free to inbox me!
  • tgossm
    tgossm Posts: 4
    Options
    Just an idea for a quik breakfast... I do the instant breakfast with skim milk (the sugar free kind). I can drink it on my way to work and I usually make it until lunch without getting hungry. Fairly low in calories and high in protien.
  • mirasmom02
    Options
    My diary is open... I have had some days that I ate junk, but still stayed within my 1600 calories, and other days where I ate mostly good, clean food...either way, I do work out 3-4 times a week & I am a college student, so I do a bit of walking everyday. I just started MFP 3 weeks ago & feel good about my progress. Add me if you like - Could always use more friends to support me (and that I can support) on this journey!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Wow, those sound good, Have 2 try..thanks cheesecake n bvluberries yum!
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what BUMP is about ......
    but I eat about 1350 to 1500 a day and my diary is open - I eat lots of real food so feel free to friend me and take a look at my diary - I am always peering at other peoples for ideas too - i cant stand being bored!!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

That sounds so good! ETA I'm on 1500 cals but kind of embarrassed to make my diary public for some reason. :blushing: Since I'm up from 1240 it seems easy though!
  • seashman
    seashman Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm at around 1590/day and my diary is open. Curious to see other people's too...can never have enough new ideas!
  • kag_abca
    Options
    "Bump" - bumps the topic to the top of the board without having to write anything more than "bump". :smile: