Great Weekend

Options
This was a really good weekend, well 3 days including my days off.

Went to a wedding on Saturday ate well, had 2 beers, still came in under goal for the day even without recording exercise calories.

I take the approach of eating what I want in moderation and staying under the recommended numbers and doing a lot of walking and moving, it works for me.

My second NSV is probably my biggest. My mother-in-law and my wife are really close to the remaining Shakers (the religious group) and we went to a 75 anniversary party for the Eldress. Ate prime rib, lobster and I prepared for it by doing a lot of yard work and gardening and still came out ahead for the day.

There was a concert held at the meetinghouse that is original to the village. It was built in the 1800s when people were well, a lot smaller. I set on a wooden bench with a divider in front in the room a couple of years ago when I was 330+ pounds and barely fit. I sat in the same bench on Sunday, down about 35 pounds from that last experience and I fit just fine, had plenty of room and was not uncomfortable at all.

My last one was the dress shoes I wore for 6+ hours on Saturday and 4+ on Sunday used to really hurt my feet after a couple of hours of wearing them, this weekend, no pain at all.

Slowly and steadily changes are coming and I feel great!

Replies

• kNEWBrenda
    kNEWBrenda Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. It is those NSV that encourage us when the scales abandon us.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is really nice to hear when others take a healthy approach to a balanced day. Keep posting, and have a great week!
  • onevierka
    Options
    That's awesome! Your doing good and thinking ahead with exercise. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    That's awesome! Your doing good and thinking ahead with exercise. Thanks for sharing your story!

I have been overweight since birth really, my mother was diabetic and if I went to term I would have been 13 pounds, so it's been a lifelong battle.

I have been fighting this for so long, in college I skipped meals and lost a ton of weight but I skipped meals. I get that, at 35 years old the doctor started talking about being pre-diabetic, I did the whole attempt at healthy eating and watching what I ate but that didn't work because I wasn't recording it or checking my weight.

Since last fall I really started taking it seriously by recording everything I did for exercise and then moved onto food. Once I looked at the food numbers and realized what I could eat in a smaller quantity or by making better choices along the way instead of restricting myself I realized how much easier it is.

When I go to the grocery store, I walk all the aisles even the ones I don't need, just to keep moving. The yard work needs to be done anyway, there's a good way to get a good workout in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!