Back again!

SarahJoy_79
SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Ok, so this is really a re-introduction. I was on this site about a year ago but just recently decided to really get serious about my nutrition and fitness so I'm back! I really would like to be more involved with blogging and posting on the message boards this time around. I think it will keep me on track being able to talk with people on the same journey. I'm friendless on MFP....so finding some friends on here would be great! So real quick a little about me....my name is Sarah, I'm 30 years old, I'm a full time working mother of two daughters, working on acheiving fitness goals more than losing weight...although I am working on losing the 5lbs I gained over the holidays/winter, I'm really hoping to run a 10k and maybe even a half marathon this summer. So that's it in a nutshell! I look forward to getting to know some great people on this site :)

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Welcome and good luck!
  • jrb514
    jrb514 Posts: 2
    Hi Sarah, I'm Jessica- a newbie here myself. I just joined today after this site was recommended to me by a friend- she's lost a bunch of weight and I figured what the heck. I keep getting a half-assed start to a good diet and nutrition regimen, but never stick to it, and also thought it would help to talk to others on this journey. I'm 33, single/no kids- I used to be really healthy, or at least I could keep the weight off easily, but I have found over the past year that there isn't a dessert I don't like, and won't eat all of! I figure I need to lose about 50lbs to get to my "dream" weight, but would be happy with 40lbs- I have run a couple marathons and countless 10 mile and 1/2 marathons, so I'm sure I could give you some advice if you want any. I have a head full of running tips. Not that I've been running much lately. Good Luck! I'm also looking to meet other women and learn of their weight lose stories and goals- Hello!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Hi Sarah, I'm Jessica- a newbie here myself. I just joined today after this site was recommended to me by a friend- she's lost a bunch of weight and I figured what the heck. I keep getting a half-assed start to a good diet and nutrition regimen, but never stick to it, and also thought it would help to talk to others on this journey. I'm 33, single/no kids- I used to be really healthy, or at least I could keep the weight off easily, but I have found over the past year that there isn't a dessert I don't like, and won't eat all of! I figure I need to lose about 50lbs to get to my "dream" weight, but would be happy with 40lbs- I have run a couple marathons and countless 10 mile and 1/2 marathons, so I'm sure I could give you some advice if you want any. I have a head full of running tips. Not that I've been running much lately. Good Luck! I'm also looking to meet other women and learn of their weight lose stories and goals- Hello!

Hi Jessica! That's awesome you've run so many races....even marathons! That's a very lofty goal for me...someday maybe...but for now I'll aim for the half :)
This discussion has been closed.