A new you? Me too!

Options
Hi Everyone!
This is my second day on here, and I really hope it helps me with my journey. I tried to lose weight around this time last year, and after 3 months fell off, one because I lost my motivation, and 2 because I just didn't have a good support system. Im hoping that this site helps me overcome my struggles and leads me to the healthy me I want to be.
Im 25 and I work with at-risk teens. I realized that Im always talking to them about making healthy choices, including food and exercise, and here I am overweight! That has to change.

So here I am. I would love to make some friends and support buddies, because we just can't do this alone. (well, I can't)
:)

Replies

• vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I am totally feeling the same as you i am 27 and always make that aim to stick to a diet and plan to get to my idea size and each time dont quite mange it. I dont have alot to lose but just seem to get demotivated easily and think making friends will have a big difference. This is my 1st week with logging all my food and hope this is the time when i will be successful. Always here as a bud if you want to discuss diet/ progress etc.. :)
  • Meah1080
    Options
    I completely and totally agree. After a few days of working out and eating better i feel more energized. I need the support of friends and people to keep me encouraged !
  • nettif
    nettif Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello...I'm excited about this site. I just can't stand it! This is day two for me and I feel this is really going to work for me. I have never kept a food journal before and this is so interesting for me to actually pay attention to what I am eating. I haven't for years. I have steadily gained weight in the last 6 years and haven't had any motivation like this in all of the 6 years...so I'm certain this is a new breakthru for me! I love that friends are all chatting about what we are doing with counting carbs/calories/proteins and discussing exercise with such enthusiam. How cool. I'm actually motivated now to start Pilates (I bought the DVD's 7 years ago and never opened them). I'm doing Pilates every morning now - starting today but I cannot calculate it on this site....does anyone know how to do this?? Pilates nor Core strength training comes up. I would like to put a time amount...not reps, since there are so many different exercises and the reps are inconsistant with each other. I look forward to seeing everyone's comments and progress! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:
  • keichengreen
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I am 28 and in the past 4 years I have put on about 40 pounds and just never thought anything about it. Two years ago I had lost some of the wait to just gain it back plus some. I grew up in a house that I was the "lucky one" I never had to worry about what I put it in my mouth and had much it seemed to just disappear. But I think back now to see how my sister has struggled with weight loss and my mom's health issues and I said to myself enough is enough. Take a page out of my sister's book and loose that weight if she can do it so can I, so here I am. I hope this website and everyone's stories keeps me motivated and I hope that I can motivate someone else as well. :wink:
  • kbucha1
    Options
    Welcome! Support is so important in this journey. For me, I have the support of co-workers and this board. At home, it's tougher because my fiance loves the curves and thinks that the way to show love is through fettucini alfredo =]
  • aminor
    aminor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 26 years old, and in the same boat as many of you! I am looking to get healthy and keep at it for the rest of my life. I want to make a forever change, not just a this minute type of change. I have struggled with weight since I was in high school, and I am ready to take over that struggle! I lost about 70 lbs. when I was a sophomore in college, but I gained all of it back plus some, unfortunately! I am looking to make some friends on here that would be a great support system for one another.

Thankfully I have a great support system at home as well, but it's always reasurring to talk with others that are doing the same thing!!
  • cryzm
    cryzm Posts: 6
    Options
    Well good luck to everyone, I have faith in all of you. I've tried counting calories before, but it was SO tedious and I never stuck with it. This site makes it so much easier, and even though I've gone over my calories twice now, I lost a pound this week, and I haven't given up! My cousin is a personal trainer, and she's got a group of people together online to help long distance. This week we have our first 5 day challenge, one of which is to work out 5 days for 30 minutes. Im a little worried about it, because I have a hard time keeping myself motivated, but I look forward to the challenge! I hope everyone challenges themselves this week somehow. It can only make you stronger :smile: