Shoe brands!

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The best shoe is the one that supports/fits you the best. Period. End of story. What is best for me may or may not be best for you. And each brand offers shoes with different levels of support and cushion, so even staying within the same brand you'll find "good" shoes and "bad" shoes.

That said, to your question... I have Zoots, Newtons, Mizunos, Adidas, New Balance, and Inov-8s.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    New Balance has never worked for me.

I've had luck with Nikes, Merrells, Brooks, Addidas and Inov-8.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Asics, Brooks and Saucony. Mizunos and Adidas have some good ones out this year, I can't do nike, they don't like my size :laugh: seeing that I'm an 11 and nike seem to run small.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have asics now. I like them but I'm due for a new pair. I didn't get fitted for them so I'm going to go to a running store and see what they come up with.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Asics that I love <3
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Really, you should go to a running store (not a chain at the mall!) and get fitted. Everyone has different needs.

Nikes are awful for me, but great for others. My favorites are Brooks, but I'm currently wearing Asics. I was fitted for both at different stores.

If I really needed to I would spend the extra money, but just buying normal running shoes at the store has worked well for me in the past.

That's fine. But they aren't any more expensive at the running stores.

That's true... I wasn't technically at a running store, but a "foot store" where they analyze your foot and gait. They suggested a Brooks style and although I did not buy them that day, I came home and shopped around and they were pretty much the same price (give or take $1) as at the Foot Solutions store.

This weekend there were ads for two sports stores in the area that had the Brooks on "sale" and they were on sale for the same price as the Foot Solutions store.

Really, you might be surprised if you go to a running/foot store and see what they suggest.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Mizunos for me (and I have bunions!)
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I have a pair of Asics that I love <3

Same!
  • Glassblaster
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 5 are great
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am a Saucony fan. I am heavy and I have wide feet. I've tried all sorts of brands but I've found them to be the most comfortable and I have less knee/arch pain with them. I did get fitted on my first pair. But I bought the last pair at a normal shoe store which I love them almost just as well (this pair was also a step down in price).

My only issue, which has been my issue in most brands is that my big tow will often bruise under the nail bed. I'm not sure what to do about that.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I wear nike but love love love manolos not great for running but gawd they look fab!
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    Saucony for me! i have very wide feet which look like pigs trotters and many barands are too narrow!!!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am a Saucony fan. I am heavy and I have wide feet. I've tried all sorts of brands but I've found them to be the most comfortable and I have less knee/arch pain with them. I did get fitted on my first pair. But I bought the last pair at a normal shoe store which I love them almost just as well (this pair was also a step down in price).

My only issue, which has been my issue in most brands is that my big tow will often bruise under the nail bed. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Go up half a size!
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have worn asics for years! love them for their light weight and comfy coushin, BUT when I started running, I had to switch shoes. The asics did not give me the support I needed, and ended up going with the adidas, just because of the support I felt. Just try on the shoes and see which ones feel the best! You will definitely know when you put on your 20th pair of running shoes if they are right or not. If you are not going to get fitted of course! :)
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a skinny foot but not a narrow shoe foot. I've been wearing Saucony for years now. A while back I thought I would try Nike again and they were awful. Nike use to run narrow but they now seem to run fairly wide. The cushioning seemed to wear out quickly in the Nike as compared to the same cost Saucony shoe. I think with Nike you certainly pay more and get less. I feel like there are only certain brands out there that cater to runners and Saucony is definitely on of them. Good Luck!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Really, you should go to a running store (not a chain at the mall!) and get fitted. Everyone has different needs.

Nikes are awful for me, but great for others. My favorites are Brooks, but I'm currently wearing Asics. I was fitted for both at different stores.

If I really needed to I would spend the extra money, but just buying normal running shoes at the store has worked well for me in the past.

YOu can go to the story, get fitted, and then buy your shoe somewhere else. There is nothing that says you have to buy them there. They can analyze your gait and help you find a shoe with the best stability. I did this, after years of NEVER finding a running shoe that worked, and found Brooks Ravennas. LOVE.
  • normaleverydaymom
    Options
    HI there! As a physical therapist, my best recommendation is to buy the right type of shoe for your foot (over-pronator, supinator, more neutral) and not worry about the color. That said, I know some of the colors out there right now are a bit over the top! lol Asics and Mizuno's are two really solid brands that have consistently good features across their lines. Saucony is also a pretty good brand. I'm not a particular fan of Brooks, but the people who love them, love them. Go to a running store & have them watch you run and then RUN in each pair of shoes you try on.... you'll know which ones feel the best. Good luck! :)
  • RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    Mizuno precision 13, the best pair of running shoes i have ever bought!