Tone the Booty

Options
I'm short, I'm thin, but I have a big butt. I run EVERY day, and some days do the eliptical. I've heard that in order to tone your butt you just have to keep running. Yeah, well i've been running for about 4 years and this booty still is just round and bouncy. HELP! What can I do to get a toned smaller butt?!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm short, I'm thin, but I have a big butt. I run EVERY day, and some days do the eliptical. I've heard that in order to tone your butt you just have to keep running. Yeah, well i've been running for about 4 years and this booty still is just round and bouncy. HELP! What can I do to get a toned smaller butt?!

Toning is another name for cutting body fat. You can't actually tone your muscle as they won't change shape. And the best way to cut body fat is heavy weight training and overall fat loss. Cutting cardio down will significantly help. In fact, if you aren't training for a race, cutting cardio OUT can really help things. The only cardio I would do is HIIT and an anaerobic weight workout.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Consistent calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce and area through exercise. And embrace it...............most guys/girls like round booty's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    deadlifts and squats will give you an awesome butt
  • sherwinnelson
    sherwinnelson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cardio. I only see significant change in my size or see toning when I am strength training. I actually shrink.