Coffee

Options
I am trying not to drink my "Jenn Coffee" with a ton of cream & sugar. (It's just that when a coffee is bad/poor, the cream & sugar are all that make it bearable.) I bought some Bolivian beans from Trader Joes...supposed to be mellower, less acidic. I'm drinking black coffee, as of today. So...here's the difference: 16oz of my "Jenn Coffee"=386 calories. Once in a while, I'd swing by Starbucks for a venti (20oz) Cinamon Dolce Latte...450 calories! Fresh brewed BLACK coffee (20oz)...drum roll, please...FIVE CALORIES (0 carbs, 0 fat). Yes! That much of a difference!

If you're like I am and dislike the bitterness of coffees, but like/want/need your morning coffee...try finding a coffee with a mellower taste and try it black. If it's a bad coffee (e.g. the sludge one generally finds in the typical office breakroom) you likely won't commit to black java (I've tried and within an hour I was dumping cream & sugar in it like crazy).

Good Morning!

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I used to add soooo much sugar to my coffee. Then the hubs introduced me to creamer. I slowly cut everything back and I can now drink it black...as long as its good! I went and got a French Press so I could make good coffee at work...it helps like you would not believe!
  • LunaDarkside
    LunaDarkside Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went and got a French Press so I could make good coffee at work...it helps like you would not believe!

Ooooh! I hadn't thought about bringing the French Press to work! That's what I use, too. Hmm... Thanks for the idea!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You might try cold brewed coffee.
    It's lower in acid and bitterness.

http://toddycafe.com/
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I used to add soooo much sugar to my coffee. Then the hubs introduced me to creamer.

Do you live in Utah or someplace like that? How many hubs do you have that introduce you to creamer...? lol
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee!!!!! I take mine with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 3 tsp of coffeemate powdered creamer for a total of about 40 calories. Since I only drink 1 or 2 cups a day it fits into my daily goal :drinker:
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    French press? Is that what we know here as a cafetiere, a glass jar into which you put ground coffee and hot water with a filter on a stalk which you then push down into the beaker so it pushes the grounds to the bottom leaving you to pour off the liquor?
  • LunaDarkside
    LunaDarkside Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Indeed! A cafetiere? I haven't heard that, but like it! I've only heard of it called a French Press. :)
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love black, dark roast coffee. For me it is the only way to go.