New to salads! How to make, with what? Sauces?

Options
jadejo63
jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
Hi I am new to eating salads and just wanted to get some ideas of some, for example what do you put in yours, do you use chicken etc? What sauces? Thank you

Replies

• jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ?
  • metre30
    metre30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's a seriously delicious salad that satisfies. I call it my fancy salad because you could serve it at a dinner party and people would love it!

http://therunaweighgourmet.com/?p=252
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My faves:

spinach, salmon or tuna, green onions, strawberries and capers. I use Bolthouse Farms Tropical Mango Vinaigrette with this one.

Asian style: Coleslaw mix, green onions, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds.

Taco salad: Morningstar Farms "beef" crumbles spiced with taco seasoning, lettuce, cilantro, black olives, jalapenos, tomato, onion, some light sour cream and salsa.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to thoroughly wash any vegetables that you are going to eat raw.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I just started using Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing (I usually do Caesar as everything else doesn't agree with my tastebuds lol) and I love it! :P
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have found I love Salads!!
    My favorite is - Spring Mix, Cranberries, Almonds, Feta Cheese or Gorgonzola Cheese, grilled chicken with Marzetti Raspberry Vin. dressing.
    Next - Spinach salad mix, roma tomatos, strawberries, blueberries, feta cheese, grilled chicken, and balsalmic vin. dressing (maple grove) or poppy seed dressing
    Third - Spring Mix or Romaine mix with pineapple, strawberries, blue berries, mandarin oranges, grilled chicken, and fat free poppy seed dressing.

Sometimes I sub chicken for turkey or tuna but the tuna with bal. dressing..not too hot with raspberry vin.dressing.

Finally I LOVE ceasar salads with romaine, grilled chicken, parmesean, and a good ceasar dressing NO crouton...not worth the carbs.
  • rcolours7
    Options
    sometimes i do the following:

spinach lettuce w/raspberries, strawberries, blackberries w/ wishbone raspberry walnut vinegrette dressing....can also add a crumbled cheese

standard salad: spring mix or green leaf or romaine lettuces w/peppers (red, yellow, orange) cucumbers - any dressing u like. can also add olive, raisins, grilled or sauted chicken

as u eat out at restaurants - check out their salad selections for other ideas.

enjoy