Whats your BodyFat % goal? What are you currently at?

Options

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Current - 34%-38% depending on the device, down from 45ish%
    Goal - 14% & re-baseline
  • fatchef49
    Options
    Unless I am mistaken anything under 11% is the same as an pro athlete, why would you want to get to 7%? Way too low for someone to be!
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    currently around 27% would like to get to the teens primarily and re assess from there :smile:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    18% now, would ideally get to 15%
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sad. Using the waist measurement calculation, 37%. Been working out/eating healthy now for almost six weeks, and I swear my belly hasn't shrunk at all. And here I was just celebrating being a healthy BMI (126, compared to 130 being my normal limit). Sigh.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Currently, 21%

Goal, 15%
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Currently 24% Goal 18-20%
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, Keep it up people!
  • prettyboy1975
    Options
    My BodyFat% was 22%, my goal is 11 = 12%. I'm currently at 13%. Anything below 11% is overkill unless you are a collegiate or professional athlete... Bodyfat % too low can be unhealthy and may lead to health problems.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sad. Using the waist measurement calculation, 37%. Been working out/eating healthy now for almost six weeks, and I swear my belly hasn't shrunk at all. And here I was just celebrating being a healthy BMI (126, compared to 130 being my normal limit). Sigh.

When are you doing it? it's like a scale depending upon when you do, how hydrated you are, if you just worked out, yadda yadda, it fluxuates massively. If i do mine just before my afternoon workout (when i'm hydrated, have eaten but clean eating & haven't done any lifting yet) mine reads around 17-19; if i do it in the am, before i workout - before i've hydrated at all or eaten at all, it's been upwards of 24 before... just a fyi
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    current: 15.9%
    goal: 14.9%
    taking it slowly, one step at a time
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Current, about 21% and my goal.... 19%.
  • prettyboy1975
    Options
    nice :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Currently: I don't know
    Goal: Lower.

:)

tumblr_m7onfd7sfz1r4j812.gif
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Currently: 22%
    Goal: 15-18%

I'm not looking to be ripped, just healthy.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a almost 43 year old female with bodyfat of ~21-22% would love to see less than 20 but at my age I am not complaining.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options

When are you doing it? it's like a scale depending upon when you do, how hydrated you are, if you just worked out, yadda yadda, it fluxuates massively. If i do mine just before my afternoon workout (when i'm hydrated, have eaten but clean eating & haven't done any lifting yet) mine reads around 17-19; if i do it in the am, before i workout - before i've hydrated at all or eaten at all, it's been upwards of 24 before... just a fyi

That's a great point. I'll check at different points during the day. I drank about 70oz of water today, and just finished meal #2, so maybe my stomach is a bit bloated.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I first tried different online calculators (use height, tape measurements) and got a variety of results, but I guessed I was around 16%. Then last May we had a health fair at work and they used one of the hand held BIA devices which put me at 12.8%. Only the military online calculator put me that low, so I really didn't think I was that low. Then I bought some calipers, and do a seven point caliper measurement at home which also put me around 13%. I've up'd my BF% to about 14% since then. I thought about upping it more, but honestly, I don't think I will like the way it looks. I think I'm just one of those that is not meant to carry much extra. Essential body fat for a woman is 10-12% and as long as I'm above that and continue to get a period, that's a pretty good indication that I'm healthy and have proper hormone function. I've looked into health risks associated with low bf, and don't think that any of them are that concerning. I still have very regular monthly cycles, so hormone function should be good. I eat on average about 1850 cal a day and net about 1750 and get plenty of vitamins, so I don't think malnutrition is a risk. I do plenty of high impact activity (hiking, climbing, construction, mosh pits, horseback riding, lifting), so I don't think bone density will be a problem. Those were the main risk factors I've found associated with low bf, and I had to dig to find those. If anyone knows of any others that I should look out for, let me know. Otherwise, I will stay happily at my 13-14%.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Impedence thing had me at 21%, but realistically it's probably closer to 23ish. Something around 19 would be my goal (no lower).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    24% headed to 18-19%