Power 90... Thoughts?

Options
So after looking at at home options for exercise videos, I have settled on the Power 90. Has anyone else had any success with this or any other Beach Body product? I'm going to take "before", ugh gag me, and a 45 day picture and an "after", 90 day picture. I'm hoping along with a healthy calorie reduced diet I should see some results. Fingers crossed.

Krista

Replies

• Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just started Power 90 this week. I took before pictures last Sunday. It's feeling pretty good. I've decided to go all hardcore about it.
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Like most of the workouts you just have to stick with this one. In the past I tried p90x with failure a few times both from my general poor conditioning and lack of time...working >80 hours a week at that time. I decided to try p90 instead and had good success with the lower time requirement. I did about a month before I misplaced the 3-4 dvd so now I switched back to P90X (also changed jobs). It is crazy how much of a difference one month of push ups from regular ol' P90 made. I didn't notice the strength for the first 2-3 weeks I did P90. Goodluck. I think it is a great starting point. Just do it every day and stick to your calories.
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I JUST started Power90 TODAY... am super nervous as I've never stuck to any programme for more than a week.

Determined to stick this one out...but I'm looking out for friends who will be doing this so that we can motivate each other (more so looking to u guys to help kick me back in place in case i slack, LOL

p.s. on a side note, any tips on meal planning? =)
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started Power 90 quite a while ago and finished the first 30 days and have since slacked. I do have my 30 day pics posted in my profile, I lost 7 pounds and 9.5 inches in those 30 days. Good luck. I'm currently on Phase 3-4 but haven't been doing them consistently. Summer is hard!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    TurboJam/ turboFire are really fun...AND kick your booty :) ChaLEAN Extreme is the same trainer Chalene Johnson..... also very motivational and a great program... that one is a strength program.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did 10 Minute Trainer (also BeachBody) in 2010. I lost about 40 lbs combining that with Zumba classes. Also lost something like 27 inches. No, I'm not kidding. Those are Tony Horton as well. I did the 3 per day recommendation most of the time to get through it. BecahBody programs can be pricey, but they work if you do them. I would NOT recommend their shakes, mainly because they're ridiculously expensive, and from everything I've read, you can get better elsewhere for much less in terms of cost.
  • sninja13
    Options
    I did Power 90 for a month and saw great results. What I found the trick to be, was to always up your weights so that you were tired while working out. I started low at the beginning of the month and wound up increasing my weight dramatically. Also pushing yourself to keep up with or do more than the instructors increases the results.

I'm actually starting back on the program today to get ready to be in my sister's wedding.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I never did P90 but have completed two rounds of P90X. Just now started P90X+. Turbo Fire is great. Slim in 6 was good as a starter. I have about 50 different work out DVD's I have bought over the years. I feel like I have tried everything. I will tell you that nothing I have purchased has been as hard as the beach body work outs. They are no joke. Had the best results with them.
    After doing them since March if I try to do another work out like 30 day shred, it feels like a joke. At the end your like that is it?
    20 minutes?

Good Luck! I think you will love it!
  • fly172girl
    fly172girl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried P90, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam and just recently purchased Shawn T's Rocking Body, all from Beachbody. Any failures are 100% on my side not the programs. One secret to sticking with it is to set the time aside and let family know you are unavailable during that time. One day at a time, just make sure you do it TODAY, tomorrow will take care of itself. Keep track of everything, I suggest keeping track of the exercises on the Beachbody website and the food consumption here.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have tried P90, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam and just recently purchased Shawn T's Rocking Body, all from Beachbody. Any failures are 100% on my side not the programs. One secret to sticking with it is to set the time aside and let family know you are unavailable during that time. One day at a time, just make sure you do it TODAY, tomorrow will take care of itself. Keep track of everything, I suggest keeping track of the exercises on the Beachbody website and the food consumption here.

^^^^^^^
    Excellent Advice!
  • weighthunter1
    weighthunter1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started today! Got it in the mail at work, went home and busted it out at lunch and I was a sweaty mess. Quick shower and back. 30 min workouts are very doable each day. Just getting the hang of this site and excited to see results!
  • TeamD2R
    TeamD2R Posts: 26
    Options
    Here is my wife and my video for Power 90:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv1qMNKnsew

I lost 59 pounds and my wife lost 31 pounds! Fantastic program! It is a little dated and can get boring toward the end of the program, but it is very effective.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I would NOT recommend their shakes, mainly because they're ridiculously expensive, and from everything I've read, you can get better elsewhere for much less in terms of cost.
    You can't get anything even close to the quality of Shakeology anywhere for a better price, and if you were to go out and purchase everything that's in the shake on your own, it would come to about $250-300 to buy the what ingredients you did find. Many people have gone out and done this to prove others wrong. I hate it when someone says something like, "I would NOT recommend" and hasn't even tried the product. I can recommend it because I've been drinking it since it came out but I won't unless someone wants to know more about it. Yeah it may be pricey to some and that's cool, but you can always get a 30 day bottom of the bag guarantee if you don't like it at the end of 30 days and get your money back no questions asked. Same with the workout DVD's. If you think they suck or didn't work, send them back.

Unfortunately I cannot give the OP any advice on Power90. I haven't done it but I have done just about every other program they (Beachbody) have minus Body Gospel and Slim In 6.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

After doing them since March if I try to do another work out like 30 day shred, it feels like a joke. At the end your like that is it?
    20 minutes?

Totally agree. Her workouts are all very easy anyway. After doing Insanity everything's a warm up ;)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i loved p90 when i did it. though i didnt finish it due to being away from home on weekends away etc. i aim to take it up again or go for p90x!
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    I am restarting Power 90 today! I stopped before because summer was way to hectic for me and I went on vacation, but I am fully dedicated now! Add me if you'd like :)
  • TeamD2R
    TeamD2R Posts: 26
    Options
    You can't get anything even close to the quality of Shakeology anywhere for a better price, and if you were to go out and purchase everything that's in the shake on your own, it would come to about $250-300 to buy the what ingredients you did find. Many people have gone out and done this to prove others wrong. I hate it when someone says something like, "I would NOT recommend" and hasn't even tried the product. I can recommend it because I've been drinking it since it came out but I won't unless someone wants to know more about it. Yeah it may be pricey to some and that's cool, but you can always get a 30 day bottom of the bag guarantee if you don't like it at the end of 30 days and get your money back no questions asked. Same with the workout DVD's. If you think they suck or didn't work, send them back.
    Amen!
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I officially started P90 on Sunday (8/26) and so far I really like it. I've never done any kind of formal exercise in my life, but I'm still able to do most of the workouts without getting too confused about how to do them or getting so discouraged that I give up. To boost the intensity of the program, I try to do the cardio workout everyday and strength every other day.

I think that any regular exercise program can be effective for weight loss as long as you stick to it, so the most important thing is to choose a program that you will enjoy and that will help you stay motivated. Anybody else doing P90 can feel free to add me, so we can keep each other on track.