Mini goals?

Options
I never set up daily goals, weekly, or monthly. Have any of you and what are they?

Replies

• theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hae a goal of losing 10lb for a friend's wedding in October. But I know it's pretty ambitious and is mostly a vanity thing...
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eight pounds a month till I get to where I need to be! So far, I haven't seen changes on the scale but definitely seeing changes in my measurements so I'm happy.
  • theonlysheesha
    Options
    I see some post with today mini goal. I never really set a goal for myself. I just been mostly going with the flow. lol
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I set mini goals all the time. Trying to get ten more minutes on the bike, pushing weights 3 times a week not two, little goals like that keep me motivated.
  • theonlysheesha
    Options
    I just never really thought about them. Sounds like it might be motivating to make some.
  • ErikaAvp88
    ErikaAvp88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to set weekly mini goals, it keeps me motivated :)

For this week:
    -I would love to lose 2 lbs.
    -Drink more water.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a whole load on my profile page, everything from weight loss goals to strength training goals. Over this last week I have met two of them, and both made me a bit emotional to have completed them. They spur me on and motivate me to complete the rest and the next ones :smile:
  • aml7880
    aml7880 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think mini goals are a good encouragement factor. For instance, I would like to lose about 50 pounds but my doctor wants me to lose 12. I set the 12 as my first goal so I don't get frustrated and am halfway to that goal.
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i think mini goals are a great way of encouraging myself especially in the gym....i like to set myself a goal every day working out and then i smash through it and feel great!!
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I set 6 goals when I started losing weight. I hit my first goal (get under 300lbs) 2 weeks ago and I have about 12.5 pounds to go before I hit my 2nd goal (lose 50 lbs).

Quite honestly, every 10 I lose is a small victory for me. It just means 10lbs closer to my ultimate goal. =)
  • hock1972
    hock1972 Posts: 12
    Options
    Absolutely... set some goals. You don't need to go crazy or becaome obsessive about goals... but, thye will help guide and motivate you. Set an overall goal of where you want to be and then chip away at it in pieces. Remember, this is more of a journey, not instant gratification. Unless, you try one of the surgeries that rarely are successful and cost a lot of money :)

Mini goals are very important. Set realistic goals, while still pushing yourself. Five lbs. a week and stick with it. Once you get that down, maybe bump it to six or seven lbs. Next thing you know... you will be approaching your overall goal and be estatic.

make sure you don't let the goals bring you down though if you do not meet them possibly! All of us out here have had goals that we haven't met at some point. Use it as motivation. Good luck.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    My goals are in clothing,

Goal 1 - dress that is just slightly too small for me (can't zip the side)
    goal 2 - pair of jeans in a size 12
    Goal 3 - pair of jeans in a size 10

weight wise my goal is first reach 140lbs then 120lbs I currently sit at 176lbs (im 5'5)
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    I never really thought about it... but I guess I do set mini goals every day. I try to just focus on taking this journey one day at a time. And if I get through today..... then I've accomplished my goal...
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I don't set mini goals related to weight - that can be so up and down. I go for things I want to accomplish health and fitness-wise - get my 5K time down by another 30 seconds (then another, then another), up my weights by 5lbs, spend a couple extra minutes stretching, don't drink this week, don't eat any processed carbs this week, etc. It's small ways of improving my overall health, and the scale and my waistline responds positively to it.
  • MommyToCutie
    MommyToCutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes I have to set mini goals to keep me motivated. Right now, my mini goal for the next two weeks is to drink more water. After I can stick with that, I will set another mini goal.