I'm Starving!!!

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
I didn't work out today, so I'm limited to my reg. calories.
I ate today, and I'm still hungry and don't have any more calories (actually went over a little)
I want to eat something!!!

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    I didn't work out today, so I'm limited to my reg. calories.
    I ate today, and I'm still hungry and don't have any more calories (actually went over a little)
    I want to eat something!!!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    think about if you're actually hungry or if you're just wanting to "graze" as i call it lol

if you're not sure, then just drink some water, keep busy and go to bed early! lol (i don't know where you live, but it's 9:21 pm my time) lol and if all else fails, pick sometime low cal to munch on until you're content

hope that helps :happy:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I know I only have 10 calories left, and I'm SOOO hungry, I really don't want to have another day where I go over, but then again I really want food!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Go drink a lot of water or find something creative to do with your hands. Sometimes that makes the hunger
    pains go away? If that doesn't work make some 94% fat free pop corn or kettle corn. It's filling and has little calories. It should hold you over until bed. That's what I do on a bad, hungry night. Sometimes I just go to bed early if it gets to bad :laugh: :tongue:
    Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    think about if you're actually hungry or if you're just wanting to "graze" as i call it lol

if you're not sure, then just drink some water, keep busy and go to bed early! lol (i don't know where you live, but it's 9:21 pm my time) lol and if all else fails, pick sometime low cal to munch on until you're content

hope that helps :happy:

We wrote that at the same time and said pretty much the same thing :laugh: Too funny!!! :bigsmile:
    I also us the work "graze" a lot.....love it!!!! :tongue:
  • jenbar
    Options
    okay, I'm going to get some water.
    this better work, 'cause my tummy's growling and I just had a big salad at 7:45??
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If your hungry at least eat something good for you fruit,protein, veggies, this way if you do go over in cals at least it was going over in cals by eating something good for your body. Whatever you do don't wait to long, because if your like me, then all of a sudden the hunger takes over and before you know it you've eaten a whole box of cookies :noway:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oohhh and Broth it's warm and makes you feel full
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    How bout some raw fruit? I love apples when I run out of calories..I know some people find this weird, but I do NOT lonng raw fruit calories except for like bananas. But yeah fruit always helps me!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    hmmmm coooookies
  • dschref1
    dschref1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I turn to...
    Spring mix with a sprinkle of salt and pepper - basically no calories (15 or so)
    Celery - you can eat your fill and it's only 10-20 calories
    Get busy doing something to increase your body temp - makes me lose my desire to eat
    go to bed

that's what works for me
  • ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    Options
    hmmmm coooookies

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hehehehe... I made peanut butter bars today....it is evil... go for the fruit.... little calories, more filling..... or just make a cup of chamomile and climb in bed
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Try having a nice cup-a-soup...something creamy like Low Fat Laksa....enjoy every mouthful, eating it slowly....that should take about 15 minutes.....
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Time for sugar-free jello.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You are doing great on losing weight, Perhaps one day won't hurt for you to fix you a half of a sandwich, such as turkey or baked chicken, Protein seems to fill me up good and lasts.
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    Don't let yourself feel hungry all the time ... how is your water intake? Are you drinking enough? That helps curb hunger

Also try hard candy or sugar free gum .... it can ward away feeling hungry even if you really aren't ..

but if you are hungry, munch on something green, or baby carrots ... something good for you that you know you can eat a lot of....or a handful of nuts if you need sudden energy.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Starving is part of the process. That is why diet is a four letter word.
  • jenbar
    Options
    thanks everyone! I survived! whew!
    We have a store called Stew Leonards (the largest dairy store in the world, Guiness Book of World Records) and they have these rice cake thingies they make that are practically flat and about 6 inches in diameter and they are 17 calories! I spread a little PB and drizzled a little honey on it and drank 2 huge glasses of water and I was fine!
    Normally I don't get like that, I hope I didn't do any damage!
    Thanks for all the responses!
    I'll keep them in mind if ever I get in THAT situation again!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry like that I just eat! But I pick something relatively low in calories, like those progresso soups...I mean so what if I go 120 calories over 1 day? It's not going to make you gain, and u can do more exercise the next day :) I just figure that if your body is telling u it's hungry you should eat. I agree with the drinking a big glass of water first, usually for me it's a huge steaming cup of tea and it helps 6 out of 10 of the times I feel starving like that :) I'm glad you got through it!!!