Good romance novels

Options
Some of my favorite books might be categorized as "Romance" but the genre is saturated with really bad books, so how can I find some good ones? Among those I liked are The Bridges of Madison Counry, several Anita Shreve & Nicholas Sparks novels, Somewhere in Time, plus Dancing at the Harvest Moon & Candles on Bay Street by K.C. McKinnon.

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Not big into romance novels but I have read a couple that are really good. Palomino by Danielle Steel is probably one of my favorites
  • sherrylwilson
    sherrylwilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like Johanna Lindsey and Susan Mallery.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Denise Hunter is great
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good love story - Montana by Debbie McComber! It's my favorite book.
  • megsunshine87
    megsunshine87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you should join this website called Goodreads.com it keeps track of the books you read then after reading them you rate them and the website generates a list of recommendations based on your too reads and rated books. I love it! you can link it to your facebook account, its super easy and convenient.
  • Ashley_LeRae
    Options
    I recently read the 50 Shades of Grey books and I absolutely loved them! They are a little corny, but really enjoyable!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I prefer Paranormal Romance. Some of my fave authors are Laurel K Hamilton, Christine Feehan, Kim Harrison, Rachel Mead.... just to name a few.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Never read one first hand, but i liked my wife better when she was reading the 50 shades of grey books.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Katie Macalister and Nina Bangs are two paranormal romance writers that are pretty amazing. They are very funny. Katie does stuff all over the board not just paranormal but her dragon series is hilarious. (Jim the demon dog is a complete smartA$$)