Hurricane Issac

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Can't believe you people are joking about a hurricane - my best friend is right in the middle of it and no one has heard from her - yeah lets have a party!!

Uhm I'm right ouside new orleans and I have to WORK tomorrow, so yeah, I'm going to make light of a bad situation thanks.

Word.

The poster is from Cali.. Just saying.

Haha. I didn't catch that but what a great best friend that lives 2000 miles away and doesn't talk to anyone.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Can't believe you people are joking about a hurricane - my best friend is right in the middle of it and no one has heard from her - yeah lets have a party!!

Sweetheart when you live in a state that gets a pounding every year like clockwork, you learn to not be so death and doom about it unless it's actually something to p*ss yourself about like Hurricane Katrina was.

Right now that bugger's not even a CAT 1 so it's still a Tropical Storm, aka a general pain in the *kitten* that'll water your lawn real good. Cry into your cellphone that isn't getting reception somewhere else, yeah?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I am worried about my nephew but he's a grown man and can take care of himself. And Cat 1 is going to dump a crap load of rain on the state and yeah there will be flooding but the levey's will probably hold this time around. It's a far cry from a Cat 5. I think the big problem is going to be on the Mississippi side where all the tornado's are going to spawn. Real concerns there.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Sweetheart when you live in a state that gets a pounding every year like clockwork, you learn to not be so death and doom about it unless it's actually something to p*ss yourself about like Hurricane Katrina was.

Right now that bugger's not even a CAT 1 so it's still a Tropical Storm, aka a general pain in the *kitten* that'll water your lawn real good. Cry into your cellphone that isn't getting reception somewhere else, yeah?

Lol this is why you're awesome
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I am worried about my nephew but he's a grown man and can take care of himself. And Cat 1 is going to dump a crap load of rain on the state and yeah there will be flooding but the levey's will probably hold this time around. It's a far cry from a Cat 5. I think the big problem is going to be on the Mississippi side where all the tornado's are going to spawn. Real concerns there.

They keep talking about how great the protection is since putting 10 billion dollars into the levy system. The problem is that its going to rain an F ton.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Maybe she turned her phone off because she needs a break from the spastic people in her life.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Maybe she turned her phone off because she needs a break from the spastic people in her life.

High five! Awesome
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

*applause*
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

Lol this is why you're awesome

I second that. Lmao.
  • Stephendw9
    Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

See when you don't live in the Gulf Coast, you don't understand us. Hurricane's are in our culture, just like throwing beers in the air as LSU score touchdowns, yelling Who Dat in the middle of a crowd, and walking into Ash Wednesday service hung over from Mardi Gras. We live through it year, after year, after year. I honest don't think I have not gone through at least some form of a hurricane in my 27 years. The reason you probably haven't heard from her is 1) she's embracing it like us.. 2) still preparing for it.. OR 3) has no power for internet or battery life in a phone. I also have work tomorrow like a normal day, but rest assured the beer and BBQ will be in full force on Wednesday. Gotta love the Gulf each year....
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I farted and it felt like a hurricane in my pants!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I farted and it felt like a hurricane in my pants!

This is a serious matter. How dare you make light of it?
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many people are drinking Hurricanes right now at Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans.
    none, i live here, bourbon was dead. My brother works on bourbon. even at midnight... nothing. only 4 clubs were even open
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just an all day thunderstorm at this point for us in Southeast Mississippi, but we are just on the edge of the dreaded cone of death. Only real concern is any tornados spun off since we are on the "northeast quadrant" of Isaac. My concern is all the drama for Isaac, and maybe the next hyped storm, then when the next Katrina hits everyone will be complacent again and get our *kitten* kicked.
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    4BB6AC2F-9C8F-4F56-AB32-4FC0153A45FA-3585-000005FEEEAE5942.jpg

True Story, that's how we prep for a Hurricane!! :)) Hope everyone stays safe!!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @Katamus - lets not start with the "she lives in Cali" comments - the only reason I am here is because my husband is posted here because of the military covering your *kitten*

@ Rachel0440 - my best friend and I are 2000 miles apart because she is down there taking care of her mother who is terminally ill - so yes, I am very worried about her.

BUT HEY - thanks for the support!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    @Katamus - lets not start with the "she lives in Cali" comments - the only reason I am here is because my husband is posted here because of the military covering your *kitten*

@ Rachel0440 - my best friend and I are 2000 miles apart because she is down there taking care of her mother who is terminally ill - so yes, I am very worried about her.

BUT HEY - thanks for the support!!!

Yes, you're the only one with military family and the only one who has gone through serious stuff.

Lighten up
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Does she not realize this is the Chit-chat, fun & games board? :bigsmile:
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    4BB6AC2F-9C8F-4F56-AB32-4FC0153A45FA-3585-000005FEEEAE5942.jpg

True Story, that's how we prep for a Hurricane!! :)) Hope everyone stays safe!!

That is awesome! I'm here in Kenner. Stocked up on water, batteries, food, and enjoying the electricity while it lasts. Honestly, I'm more concerned about making my flight out of New Orleans to Jamaica on Friday. Isaac is more of a nuisance at this point.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @MouseTmom

Not going to get much support when you post and bash other posters based on what is the normal for them. Hurricane parties are how they get through it. Its either laugh about it or cry about it. Its not their fault your friend cant get in contact with you so stop taking it out on them. And youre not the only military wife on this chat forum so stop waving that around like it makes you better. It has no bearing on this subject. If you are military family you should know better than to shove that in other peoples face to excuse your attitude. My mom would never have dreamed of doing that with my dad and he served during the first gulf and I wouldnt dream of it now with family over there for second Gulf so dont you dare go around judging what you dont understand and htink being a military spouse makes it okay for you to do that. Go bash someone else over why youre friend cant get ahold of you.