Personal trainer session booked.... Scared!

Options
I love my gym. I do at least 3 cardio classes a week. I've just realised I'm able to run a mile on the treadmill at 6mph without stopping. I do stretch and Pilates when my schedule allows. BUT. The weights bore me. To tears. Because I don't know what I'm doing with them! I know building muscle is the key to getting my metabolism kick started so I've booked an hour with my favourite cardio instructor. She's HARD. She pushes us very hard and it's brilliant, but the thought of that one on one is frankly petrifying!

Is there anything I will need to take with me for the session? I already haven food diary and she knows what I'm capable of, but I want to be prepared.

Replies

• LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I love my gym. I do at least 3 cardio classes a week. I've just realised I'm able to run a mile on the treadmill at 6mph without stopping. I do stretch and Pilates when my schedule allows. BUT. The weights bore me. To tears. Because I don't know what I'm doing with them! I know building muscle is the key to getting my metabolism kick started so I've booked an hour with my favourite cardio instructor. She's HARD. She pushes us very hard and it's brilliant, but the thought of that one on one is frankly petrifying!

Is there anything I will need to take with me for the session? I already haven food diary and she knows what I'm capable of, but I want to be prepared.

WATER!
    I've had a trainer before and they don't play.
    My biggest problem was I knew mine personally and he would yell at me to keep going but it would make me laugh.
    Try no to get TOO attatched, if your bubbly, like me it can be hard <<<That is why he made me laugh all the time. Lol
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I signed up for personal training at my gym 2 months ago. The first 2 times I went the guy yelled at me like I was in boot camp. Needless to say I am very shy so I was mortified. I knew I would never do these "boot camp" style wokouts on my own, so I quit seeing the trainer. Recently I decided to see someone else (because I'm on a contract and can't cancel). I told the guy immediately what I expected and what I was looking for in a session. My sessions have been wonderful now. I'm getting a very good workout in (I know because I can barely move the next day) and I'm learning skills I can use in the future on my own.

Soooo point being. Make sure you explain to your trainer your likes and dislikes before you even begin.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i want one! a personal trainer that is. scared is good. scared will make you work hard. and scared will keep you committed!
  • SMP151
    SMP151 Posts: 32
    Options
    Drink plenty of water before, during and for days after. And be ready to really work. I love my personal training days! They are my favorite beyond a shadow of a doubt. Don't be nervous. They are there to help you and will. I look forward to those days and now dread my cardio days.