Need butt busting exercises PLEASE!

Options
Ok, so I am a pretty fit girl, flat tummy and all BUT my butt and back of my thighs are absolutely ridiculous. I have myself on a 1200 calorie diet and for the past two months have been going to the gym at LEAST 4 times a week. Most of the time I do the eliptical on cardio mode for 30 minutes and work up a good sweat. Along with that, I do lunges, squats, leg lifts for the backside. My bf and I have been taking pictures from week to week to see if we notice a difference and mine is absolutely nothing. I can feel my butt getting tighter but it still has the cottage cheese look along with the back of my legs. Please help!! THANK YOU!

Replies

• pvass
    pvass Posts: 1
    Options
    try aqua running, it's hard work but really tones bums and thighs, also get the bf to massage these areas, it may not work but fun trying!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Make sure when you do your cardio you are sweating A LOT, like a disgusting amount lol... try adding in intervals and if you can increase your time that would be good, also switch up the machines that you use. How's your diet? Make sure you are eating your exercise calories or at least most of them, don't give up! Running would help too...

~Leash :heart:
  • RhaRha
    RhaRha Posts: 16
    Options
    Try butt walks... it helps break up the cellulite in the butt. They're easy and can be done while watching tv. Sit on the floor with your legs out in front of you... and now 'walk' by lifting one cheek off the floor and pulling your leg forward... then put down, now do the same with the other side. You don't need a lot of room, just keep going back and forth! An old OB/GYN lady told me of this when I had my son 17 years ago... I live by them!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Stair Stepper/Climber or riding the Bike?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    The "cottage cheese" look is fat pushing thru the connective tissue that normally keeps it evenly distributed (looking smooth) under your skin. You can work off some of it, but the damage is already done - I think genetics plays a big role in whether or not you will have it - even the skinniest of people have the same issue. :flowerforyou: Good luck to you!
  • Missy_B
    Missy_B Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I will definitely try them all! RhaRha, that sounds interesting haha, but I'm willing to try anything. Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know down the road how it goes!-Missy:drinker:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Try butt walks... it helps break up the cellulite in the butt. They're easy and can be done while watching tv. Sit on the floor with your legs out in front of you... and now 'walk' by lifting one cheek off the floor and pulling your leg forward... then put down, now do the same with the other side. You don't need a lot of room, just keep going back and forth! An old OB/GYN lady told me of this when I had my son 17 years ago... I live by them!!

I am so gonna start doing this!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Lunges and squats are great excercises that target the tush. Also try leaning up against a wall, with your back facing the wall. Slide down so that your legs are bent to a 90 degree angle. Imagine that you are sitting in an invisible chair with your back to the wall. Hold that for a few seconds, and then slide back up. Do sets of 10 of these or as many as you can do without extreme fatigue.