First day on MFP

A friend of mine recommended this site to help kick-start my motivation to get back in shape and I already love it! I'm looking forward to meeting new people to share this journey with. If there's anyone in or near West Orange, NJ looking for a workout buddy or walking/jogging partner, please feel free to "friend" me.

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Welcome! It's only been a week for me but I'm already addicted to this site as I'm sure you will be soon too
  • Hi! This is my 2nd day and I'm loving this site! I'm definitely motivated. I love how this is helping me keep up with my calories. My sister invited me here and I'm so glad she did.
  • Pcrossley14
    Pcrossley14 Posts: 17 Member
    Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I starded using this app. On my first week, I lost 3lbs. I absolutely love this site. Good luck starting your weight loss journey!
  • Doozer1978
    Doozer1978 Posts: 61 Member
    Welcome! Give yourself a few days and you will be addicted!!!! People often see me using my iPhone zapping away at items in my local supermarket!!!

Good luck!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Welcome aboard. You are welcome to add me as a friend. We can all support each other.
  • latinstarlite1
    latinstarlite1 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello everyone. Today is not my first day on this site but it is the first time I've visited the forums. I am about 110 lbs over weight and could use all of the help and encouragement I can get. I've invited several friends and family to come and join me, however I do hope to make some new friends while on this journey!
  • Hello,today is my 2nd day on this site. My friends at work are all using this site and really doing well on it. They encouraged me to try it. I had recently been on the diet medication of Phentermine and lost 58 pounds but gained 2o of it back. I am no longer taking the meds and want to get in shape and healthy the right way. I am impressed and excited about this. I am what people call an emotional eater and really need prayer and encouragement. So wish me luck!
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Does someone who used to live in West Orange count?! Welcome!:bigsmile:
  • Hiya
    This is my 2nd day and loving it. I am in New Zealand but keen to help support you.....for me its going to be a long trip aiming to loose 30kgs!!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
    I just got an iPhone. So what are you zapping things for. How does that work.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Hi there, welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as one of your support friends :D
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 374 Member
    Welcome to a great website. I have been on line for a while now. You will find wonderful friends & supporters. It's great to have a cheer squad pushing you thru those difficult times. Check out the groups, so many to choose from for motivation, Look by state also may find someone in your own area. I have loss 45 pounds some using other sites & some here. I have had a few struggles "getting stuck" weight just not coming off. So have reset myself for new challenges & new mindset. Works for me, Aug 1 thru Labor day lost 10 pounds with support, help,& recipes I have gotten from MFP in addition to my exercise. You get out of it what you want to put into it. Good luck to all. Friend me if you like.
  • Welcome to MFP! Love your Walter Payton jersey!! Feel free to friend me if you need some motivation. :)