People at goal weight, question!

Options
Lyra89
Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
Anyone here that has reached their goal weight, what did you do to reach it & maintain it? (calories & exercise frequency)

I lost 50lbs but I've been stuck with the last 10 for nearly 2 years now and I've had enough! Starting on 1200 calories today, although I'm nervous about it, as I never ate under 1500 calories to lose the rest of my weight. However, that isn't working any more, so I must need to step it up a notch!

I'm 5'5 with a goal of 120 in mind...would love to hear from others in the same boat. Friend requests welcome from anyone else going through this!

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal yet, but you've clearly hit a stubborn plateau. You need to add exercise, or change your fitness routine. You'll break out of the plateau and start losing again. Maybe you need to eat more for a week or two then cut back down.
  • patentpope
    Options
    I reached my goal weight today, so I can't offer advice on maintaining it. But I can say how I reached my goal. Granted, I had a pretty small goal (20 lbs.), so it may not be as helpful as I'd hope.

My strategy was simply to be scrupulous about keeping track of calories and make sure that I lowered my calorie allowance as I lost weight. I was sad to see the extra calories go. But I think it helped me keep on track. I hit some plateaus as well, though only for weeks, not a year or more. My only thought is that you're doing the right thing. If you've plateaued at your current calorie intake, you probably need to lower it to lose that last 10 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!