Calorie Reduction

Options
After trying out a few diets and reading hundreds of blogs about how to lose weight I truly believe the only way to lose weight is to literally fast/reduce calories! I know a lot of people will disagree with this but it is scientifically proven that calorie reduction results in weight loss. Yet we are presented with so many different ways to lose weight and told that alternate fasting and extreme calorie reduction is bad. Yes starving yourself is not healthy but eating 1000-1500 calories a day is how to lose the pounds. I have now realised the answer is simple.. eat less calories!

Replies

• Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree! I've started doing alternate day fasting, and been so impressed with the results. And love being able to eat "normally" every other day without restricting myself the way I normally do on WW's, etc, and ending up bingeing.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit = weight loss... but it doesn't have to be as drastic as fasting and starvation
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    losing weight is simple maths... burn more calories than you eat :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit = weight loss... but it doesn't have to be as drastic as fasting and starvation

^This! Calories in VS. calories out

There is something to be said for "healthy" weight loss .... you know the kind where you lose fat and NOT lean muscle mass. Extreme diets don't take this into account. But, for some people .... that ONE number on the scale is the most important thing.
  • Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thing is though, there's a lot to be said for the health benefits of fasting. Most people want to jump on the "that's not healthy" wagon...but personally this seems healthier than constantly denying and then bingeing. At least this way people feel more in control of their eating. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but for people who feel in chains with a diet it seems like a total release and a road back to normality.