Replies

• Jolypha
    Jolypha Posts: 1
    Options
    I live in Petoskey.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have family that lives in Petoskey, I love it there.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My roommate is from Michigan. I am trying to talk her into joining MFP. :)
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    I am from Saginaw and one summer we hada cottage in Linwood--I love the Saginaw Bay. I miss Michigan but I have lived in Arizona since 1981. I havent been back since early 1984. I imagine it has changed. I would love to be your MFP friend.
  • sallywilson06
    Options
    Awesome on the Michigan people.. funny that someone actually has heard of little old Linwood..lol
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Alpena, moved to Gaylord for high school (dad got a new job), went to college in Marquette, lived in Ann Arbor for several years, and now I'm in Kalamazoo.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am from Traverse City. Love it here. :)
  • sallywilson06
    Options
    I envy you living in Traverse City..
  • wfreeve71
    wfreeve71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nashville, TN...... Grew up in Hazel Park, MI & Fenton, MI
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I envy you living in Traverse City..

I love it! I dont know that I would ever want to live anywhere else. We live in a great sub with lots of kids for our kids to hang out with. The people are friendly. I love my job (most days) and like that its beautiful up here yet we live far enough out of the city and close enough at the same time. LOL
  • DeeMiss
    DeeMiss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Taylor :) Born and raised in Romulus, MI
  • shocktastic
    shocktastic Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Metro Detroit..
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been to Linwood! I've been to the Linwood Pickle Fest parade. Lol. I live in Farwell. About an hour west of you. :)
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fellow Michigander here. I wouldn't be surprised to find a relatively high percentage of us here since our state is high on the charts of fatsos per capita. When I lived in Boulder, everyone was fit (including me). Didn't take being in Michigan long before I became a fatso myself.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been to Linwood! I've been to the Linwood Pickle Fest parade. Lol. I live in Farwell. About an hour west of you. :)
    My cottage is in Lake. Shop at Carrow's all the time. Don't really do much else in Farwell. Seems we always drive through to go to Clare if we want to go somewhere to eat. Tried K's a few times though.
  • sallywilson06
    Options

Every year in Linwood right before the parade they line up all of the fire trucks and floats right in front of my house.. I love the little town.
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm from Lake Leelanau/Suttons Bay/Traverse City -- but living in Colorado now! :)
  • superkel317
    Options
    I'm from Owosso, MI
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm from Dearborn and getting drunk every day is not an option for me! :)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bay City.