Please add me if similar to track progress!

Options
Hello folks - I used to practice martial arts in my late 20s. At that time I was 5'11" 190 with a lot of strength and a solid build, plenty of energy. Since I stopped, I have developed a gut and my fitness level has deteriorated, although cholesterol, blood sugar etc. are all good. (The guts is also strongly hereditary.) I am a (Caucasian) male, 5'11", 231 lbs as of yesterday at 28% body fat. Looking to get to 10% body fat by July 2013. And maintain or gain muscle mass. Ambitious, but this time I have to make it happen. Those similar and also ambitious, please add me! Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• sneebazoo
    Options
    Hi :)

I did judo for 5 years, stopped because I was moving to University (around 170 miles away) and I had nobody willing to start a new club with me.
    While I was competing, I was a steady 63kg, which is heavy for my height, but a healthy weight for a Judoka (I liked my competition category, what can I say?)

It's been almost 3 years since then. I can't go back to judo without getting a bit fitter and possibly going to a chiropractor (shoulder injury). And I've put on about 7kg. It doesn't sound like much, but most of the muscle I had has gone.

I've set a goal of 10kg, with the hopes of joining a Judo Club after losing 5.