Low-Cal Brkfst=200 cals!

amwood83
amwood83 Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I put together a breakfast sandwich that is extremely filling and 200 calories. When I first entered into the database, I was uber-excited. It is:

Oro Sandwich Wheat Thins (whole bun)
1/4 cup All-Whites egg whites scrambled
(or one egg white scrambled)
2 sl. Canadian Bacon
Fat-free Sliced Cheese

I put the canadian slices on the bread and cheese on one side then put them in the toaster oven to toast while I scramble the egg. If you don't have a toaster oven, I bet you can toast the buns, heat the canadian bacon in the microwave and put the cheese on afterwards. I'm sure it will melt just the same.

I was WAY skeptical of the egg whites, let me tell you. But with seasoning, (Mrs. Dash seasoning has no salt), they don't taste bad at all. If you are concerned about your sodium intake, I couldn't tell you if this is a good choice. You might skip the slice of cheese and one of the Canadian Bacon slices. I bet that'll cut the sodium.

Anyways, 200 calories at breakfast is a pretty big deal and the convenience of a sandwich makes it even better. PLUS it doesn't take long to make it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Replies

• that's awesome, thanks for sharing your idea! breakfast is sooo tricky for me on the calories.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I do something similar and it keeps me full until lunch.

1 light english muffin
    slice of cheese
    1 whole scrambled egg
    3 egg whites

As is, this is about 270 cals. I have a GreenPan so I don't have to add any added oil/fat, which is a plus. If I'm feeling frisky I'll add some turkey sausage or lower fat bacon! :bigsmile: It takes me 5 mins to make in the morning, and I can eat it while I'm walking my dog before I head off to school. I always thought that breakfast sandwiches were not that good for me and would be a hassle to make....glad I decided to try it out one day and found quite the opposite!
This discussion has been closed.