Afraid to add food

Options
My nutritionist wants me to eat more, but I am afraid to increase my intake. At 1200 calories and my current exercise level I only lose .9 pounds a week and I'm already eating around 1300 calories. Does this mean that I have to increase my activity level? I don't know if I have the time to do more than a half hour a day.

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight at the same rate as before, yet are eating more, then yes, you would have to exercise more. How much does your nutritionist want you to be eating? You could either sneak in a little more exercise, or settle for slower weight loss.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Maybe try adding in more veggies?
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What's your RMR and TDEE?

You realize it's possible that you are eating too little for your body's base needs.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    do you know what he meant by 'eat more' or do you know why he said it ? both are quite important - I'm sure he didn't mean eat big macs or chocolate bars lol so there must be something nutritionist he wants you to eat for some reason :-) I suppose then it is to eat more of the stuff he wants you to eat and perhaps rebalance by cutting out anything with empty calories - other than that there is of course the good advice of doing more exercise.
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    At 1300 calories, your body is probably in starvation mode. It's doing its best to hang on to what it has, kind of like when we see our bank account get to $100. We know we need more but since it's all we've got, we don't spend ANY more than necessary.

Listen to your nutritionist. They should know what they've talking about. And if it doesn't work, you can always go back.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What's your RMR and TDEE?

You realize it's possible that you are eating too little for your body's base needs.

Yes this

I've gone from netting 600-800 cal a day to more than double that in a months time and my body is responding better.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    Please do not be afraid to eat more. I eat 1800-1850 cals a day and I'm still losing weight about 1lb each week. I do not care if I lose a half a pound a week fat is fat is fat and it is leaving a natural and healthy way. I exercise 5-6 days a week doing Ripped in thirty 24 min at a time. I eat all day long every 3 hours. I eat foods high in nutrition that are naturally low in calories. Feel free to add me and I can suggest some web sites for you. You need to at least eat past your BMR so your body isn't starving. Good luck and give it a try you'll feel so much better.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have the feeling that if your nutritionist is saying to eat more, there is a reason for it, and to just workout more would negate that. When I first started seeing my nutritionist, not only did she have me start eating more, she also had me DRASTICALLY cut my workout times. Try asking the nutritionist your question and see what she says.
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1,200 - 1,300 calories may be too little for you. You may find if you up your calorie intake, the weight might come off easier.