New Member and Excited to be Here!

Options
tpt1950
tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
Hi Everybody,
Happy to be here! This is my first experience with MFP and hoping that I can get inspiration and motivation to get on track with the help of MFP members and tools. I plan to check in every day and would love to befriend all those who wish to share their successes and struggles. Ideally, I have about 50 pounds to lose and it would be great if we could share support and advice with each other. Thanks for being here and I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you!

Replies

• PurpleCoyote
    PurpleCoyote Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi right back! Everyone is pretty nice I find, and we're all here for the same reason huh :)
    What are you planning to do to lose the 50 pounds, are you starting up with fitness or a better way of eating or all the above? :)
  • tpt1950
    Options
    Hi There
    Thanks for saying hello!
    I have been cutting out carbs - trying to keep the count down to about 50. Been walking almost every day for about 30-40 minutes. Started all this about a month ago and lost approx. 7 pounds. Joined here to get on-going support and motivation to keep it up.
    How about you - what's your story? Have you been here long - what's your journey been like?
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be! I did the same thing, lost 7 lbs and realized I couldn't do it on my own and found my way here. Down 11 more with about 50 to go. The people I have found on here have been incredibly supportive. Add me as a friend and we can all do this together!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Hey! Glad to have you. I'll send you a request.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hi ~

It's great to be part of a support group to help you stay motivated and keep you "honest" and accountable. If you feel you have no accountability; it's easy to skip exercise or eat things you shouldn't but if you open your diary to your friends and know they are watching you...you tend to be on your best behavior and get great results quicker. :)

I've also found that being part of a challenge of one type or another also gives you a focus and another goal that you can focus on that is shorter term but helps you get to your ultimate goal!

Feel free to add me as your friend; I love to help motivate!

I previously lost 35 lbs and kept is off for 4 years; I put on a few last year with some major upheaval in our lives but am taking it right back off now that things have settled down (only 7 lbs to go to be back where I was at my goal weight).

~ Vanessa
  • Truemoose
    Truemoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started my journey 30 days ago, well at least the one on MFP. I just turned 55, and my weight had become an issue I could no longer ignore. I have spinal cord damage, weighed 350 pounds. My wife and I joined together and in the first 30 days I have lost 19 pounds, and she has lost 7 pounds. My current goal is to lose as much as I can before Christmas. My DIL is due with our first grandchild on Christmas Eve... who wants to be the fat grandpa? When I signed up my goal was to reach 210 ponds, and that will take me 3 years if I stick to the plan of 1 pound a week.

Good Luck!
  • ceeceescurves
    ceeceescurves Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Good luck on your healthy journey.

Cee
  • tpt1950
    Options
    Thanks for your great note. I think joining a challenge is an excellent idea and I am seeing already how everyone's comments and support can keep a person motivated and feed the desire to keep on the right path - sounds like you are doing a great job - congrats!!
  • vanbern
    vanbern Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am new first day today gone really well I have got about 30 lbs to lose seems like a good site good luck
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    I've been on here just shy of a month, and everyone on here is so supportive and quite helpful. We've all walked a mile in each other's shoes, and can relate to everyone else on here - the good days and the bad. I've found that the more support you have, the easier it is to go on the journey to lose weight. It's still hard, don't get me wrong, but with a support group this big, it helps knowing that you're not alone. I wish you the best of luck, and feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • PurpleCoyote
    PurpleCoyote Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    Thanks for saying hello!
    I have been cutting out carbs - trying to keep the count down to about 50. Been walking almost every day for about 30-40 minutes. Started all this about a month ago and lost approx. 7 pounds. Joined here to get on-going support and motivation to keep it up.
    How about you - what's your story? Have you been here long - what's your journey been like?

I'm here really to get fitter and therefore healthier, i signed up with a gym a month ago and started learning to swim in May, now i'm going back to the running as well :)
    Carbs!! I just love them. And cake :) that's why i have to start moving my rear more!
  • lindapriddy
    Options
    I am 62 and on a journey to lose 100 lbs. I have severe osteoarthritis in the feet, spine and knees. Most importantly, I am a breast cancer survivor and bc metastasis survivor. The recurrence statistic scare me, and I think I must lose the weight. Started today with a soy protein shake, some popcorn for snack and now another shake. :flowerforyou: