How many calories

Options
Im eating about 1280 calories and working out moderately 1 hour most weekdays. Does that
sound like enough? Doing c25k program and lifting weights.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No.

Are you logging your exercise? If you are, you should be given additional calories to eat to offset the exercise.
  • jnamcelwain
    jnamcelwain Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ive also seen where people dont eat back their exercise calories to lose weight. I need to lose like 45 lbs.
  • rcolours7
    Options
    probably not enough calories.

do u feel hungry @ 1hr or 2hr after eating a decent meal? if so, u need to increase ur calories.

also, like the other person said, if you are logging exercise, then u need to eat more since mfp calculates a deficit for you w/the exercise
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually do not eat back the calories because I believe that's fewer I have to burn off the next time I work out. btw what is the c25k program?
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like enough based on your level of activity. For what it's worth I recommend checking out http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

It will give you your BMR, TDEE and recommended calories based on your weight loss goal and activity levels. I find it is a good supplement to what MFP recommends and have used it to customize my calorie goals on here.
  • jnamcelwain
    Options
    c25k is couch to 5k running program for beginners to build up to run/jog 3 miles at a time!!
  • jnamcelwain
    Options
    Great, thanks mwestonp!!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    btw what is the c25k program?

C25K is Couch to 5k, a wonderful programme that helps you to go from walking to running for half an hour in 9 weeks. In The UK our Health service has a free podcast that has a personal trainer guiding you. I completed it last year and can easily run 40 minutes now.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have dieted many times. Normally I crash diet until I lose the weight or quit. This time I am doing the 1200 calorie diet plus eating back my exercise calories. It is not painful and mathematically should result in a 1 pound weight loss each week.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight exercising slowly at first (15 min a day) and worked my way up to 2hours a day. I ate 1200-1300 calories and did not eat back my calories from exercise. I have upped my calories a bit since reacing goal wt. This worked for me ,but it is not for everyone.

C25K (Couch potato to running a 5K) I tried a version of this in Jan and now run 5-7 miles a day.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This is also what works for me. Awesome results you have gotten.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That's a definite probably not maybe.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    on days you work out, I'd aim to eat 1500 calories or so..... stick with the 1200-1300 on days you do not work out.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "on days you work out, I'd aim to eat 1500 calories or so..... stick with the 1200-1300 on days you do not work out."

That's what I'd do, too. If you're hungry, eat back the cals.. if not, it's okay.. but mostly stick within that sort of range.