The first step is to be honest with myself

Options
Yes I like my BBQ, burgers, wings and Beer. I love my social life of going out to eat and drinking and all the fun stuff in life of parties and celebrating with food and drink . I self medicate myself with a good time... After all I did give up smoking 7 years ago why shouldn't I? Especially after the economy decided to really throw our family a curve ball. So after losing the house, We raised our kids in and a having to leave a career that I loved and leaving a son behind to start over (story of my life-starting over and over and over again). I realized just how tired of starting over I am. I just want to settle into a healthy life style change and leave behind all the things that has not worked. Now 102lbs is what I have to get rid of along with all the baggage of the last few years. Unemployment is a depression in itself, but wondering if my weight and self perspective is also causing me to sabotage myself. It's so easy to justify all the reasons of why I just need to check out and go have fun. What I need is to stop being a baby and start living. Stop with the self pity and the guilt I let others make me feel. I have been spending so much of my life trying to make other people happy that I have lost who I was and am......

Replies

• accutron
    accutron Posts: 10
    Options
    You have just gotten past the hardest step, being honest with yourself!!!! I enjoy the same things & over time they have taken their toll also. I started riding an excercice bike just 1 week ago for a mere 30 min. after work & started logging in what I eat every day. I realized I can have a calorie deficit & still enjoy what I like by keeping active & recording everything. The tools on this site make working out fun as it keeps track of your goals. Just a small cut back on calories & some exercice to start will get you feeling better & motivate you more. Dont listen to other people. listen to yourself, it sounds like you already have.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey!
  • babaldwin
    Options
    This website is so helpful, because its full of people just like yourself! We are all struggling to get to our happy place, and find balance in our lives! But the support on this website is what keeps me going back. I would love to support you!!
  • SelfSabotage
    SelfSabotage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank You everyone, I look forward to my new support group:smile:
  • UWWYellowbaby
    UWWYellowbaby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat. Good luck with your journey. If you keep this attitude, everything will turn out fine.